Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't want to jinx myself but I can't remember the last time I took a sick day, I fail and sprained my knee and missed a day do to that because my job requires climbing and crawling, so do you consider that a SICK day?
    GO DAWGS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that today I called in sick because I felt a little queasy this morning, after a couple hours of extra sleep nothing happened. BUT because I told my boss that I was feeling nauseous i later got a text stating that I can't return to work until I provide a negative Covid test. B.S. if you ask me but it looks like the "New" norm is if you call in sick you have to take a Covid test.
    That's the way it is here, if you have any symptoms or do not pass the temp screening you have to be tested before you can return to work.

3. Member
    Self employed for 16 years and worked alone for 24. I had a virus a couple times that caused me to miss a week. First time was in the hospital for 4 days. Working alone the only times I got sick was when my kids got sick from going back to school after a vacation.

It was not until I worked at HD for 4 years that I missed work. It was because people showed up in the building and for work sick every day. I had a bacterial chest illness one week that turned into a virus the next week. They wouldn't let me back in the building without seeing a Dr. Went back to work and a week later had the flu and missed another week. When this pandemic hit HD gave it's part timers 40 hrs sick time and full timers 80 hrs to discourage them from coming in. The store I used to work at reported zero Covid cases as of a month ago. There were 2 stores locally that had one death each.

4. Member
    I used to go to work if I was sick but I won't anymore. Just not a good idea at the moment. I'm currently working from home but whenever we go back to the office I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home when needed and I'll do that if I feel sick.

5. Member
    Used to go in if I could move my feet. Solved that problem by retirement!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't remember the last time I had a fever or a cold. It has to be at least 3 years now.
    Been over 10 for me. Seems like the wife is in and out of the doctor's office every couple weeks though...

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Always did...construction doesn't stop for ladies

Clif--- Whistle while You work... (even in toons)

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg
    Always exceptions

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Unknown-3.jpeg

Unknown-4.jpeg

Unknown-6.jpeg
    LOL
    That will get the whole crew shut down here!!Ive seen it happen 2 times on big projects

10. Member
    Define sick: fever, severe headaches and constant trips to the bathroom or just feeling gloomy and could use a day off mentally?

Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    Define sick: fever, severe headaches and constant trips to the bathroom or just feeling gloomy and could use a day off mentally?
    This. If I have stuff coming out both ends uncontrollably, then no, I don't go to work. A little stuffy nose and I will go in. Now it is no big deal really, as I am the only one here. Can go all day and not see another person and if someone does stop by, I can warn them to stay on the other side of my office.

Working around my own property, no a little sick doesn't bother me. At my full time job, I'm around too many vulnerable patients - I can't take anything to work and risk their health.

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

13. Member
    Even when I’m mildly sick or just mentally tired I take sick leave. But, I’m an Air Traffic Controller and could kill a bunch of people if I’m not on my game.
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2

14. Member
    Worked 40 years as an Industrial Mechanic. Never missed 1 single day sick. Did I go in sometimes sick? Yep. No work, no pay. Always amazed me at the number of people that always looked for a reason to call in sick. Of course those same people were the ones bitching about not having any money. I was raised, and believe, if you ain't dead, man up and do your job.

15. Member
    As a teacher, it’s almost more work to call in, get lessons prepared, and secure a sub, etc... than it is to be there. So, unless it was a stomach issue, I would rarely call in. Now, with our current situation, totally different story. It’s just too much of a risk to spread the disease to coworkers and students.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Worked 40 years as an Industrial Mechanic. Never missed 1 single day sick. Did I go in sometimes sick? Yep. No work, no pay. Always amazed me at the number of people that always looked for a reason to call in sick. Of course those same people were the ones bitching about not having any money. I was raised, and believe, if you ain't dead, man up and do your job.
    So you are saying you do not get paid for a sick day? Why have a sick day policy then?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I can't get through the gate if my temp is above 100.4*... So not anymore... Dan
    Same here. I haven't called in sick once since I started working in 1996. I'm going to be sick whether I'm at home or on the job, so I might as well get things done. Quick side note...my job is set up in a way where I can work without being around people if I need to, so I was not at risk of exposing anyone. However, we have to complete an attestation and a temp screening everyday now, so the ability to come into work sick is over.

18. Member
    I'm prone to getting sinus infections, nothing that anyone can catch so i go into the office. Sometimes the coughing can be a bit rough and people think I am dying or something. Small cold, sure I'm going in and just warn co-workers to keep their distance.

My current employer does not limit the number of sick days (yes I get paid the same since I am salaried) but if you are going to miss 3 or more in a row you better have a doctor note. My boss says if you are not feeling well but can still work don't call in, just work from home that day and let him know.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I used to all the time things would get so screwed up and the phone would ring constantly so might as well be there and try to heal up over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywithay View Post
    Only thing I miss for is a fever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast