Ego push mower...

Anyone using one? I'm Youtubed out along with reading way too many reviews. I'd like to hear of real people that use one in the real world vs. click bait vids searching for views. TIA...

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    My ego kept me push-mowing my 2+ hour’s worth of yard with a 21” Craftsman in 100+ heat indices for way too long...

Then my old, overheated id and super-ego did battle and I bought a zero-turn.

...Not much help, I know, but there it is.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    My ego kept me push-mowing my 2+ hour’s worth of yard with a 21” Craftsman in 100+ heat indices for way too long...

Then my old, overheated id and super-ego did battle and I bought a zero-turn.

...Not much help, I know, but there it is.
    Yeah from 2 acres using a Ferris zero turn to a postage stamp sized yard, I'm good I think. Just curious.

4. Member
    I don't have the Ego, but I do have one of the Lowe's Kobalt cordless push mowers. I use it for doing the areas close to the house, where I have to deal with all of my kids crap in the yard. It's nice to be able to shut it off, then move stuff out of the way, and fire right back up again. It suits my needs well enough that I got rid of my gas push mower. I don't think it'd last for more than an acre on the 5 Ah battery. It does not handle tall grass well and struggles in wet grass. Mine is a few years old and is the 40V. They now have an 80v model that would probably work better. I went with the Kobalt because I have several of the Kobalt cordless tools that use the same battery.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I'll check out that 80V. Thanks.

6. Member
    I have an Ego and it works very well. I used to mow my old yard and it mowed/mulched for 45 min without a problem. I have since moved and have a much smaller yard and its great. I have the blower and will most likely be getting the trimmer when my gas one needs replacing. I have had the same battery for 4 years now. I cant say anything bad about it just the blower goes through a battery quickly but on the other hand the batteries recharge quick as well.

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Bought an Ego push mower when we lived in a townhouse, works and cuts well. Only issue got to be when the grass got to tall and thick it would bog down but gas mower did the same thing.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Member
    Not an EGO but had the Kobalt 40V and had no issues with our yard.

This is the third season I have had the ego. I have 3 batteries and get about 35-40 minutes per battery. It cuts great. Blades are kinda expensive and dont last more than a season. I also have the chainsaw and it is a beast.

Not a mower, but I have an Ego trimmer and blower and they are top notch. Really impressed with them.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    We are looking at the Kobalt 80v mower, edger, trimmer, and blower. I could get rid of all my gas and electric stuff and just have these 4 pieces. I’d love to do it, and living in a golf course ‘hood our yard is small so I think it would work fine I’ve just never used one.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    I have a ryobi 40V push mower. Works well for cutting where I I cain't get to with rider. 6Ah battery will last 1 hour non stop and it's just like a kids battery car. Let it sit for a bit and it'll run a lil longer. Takes about 1.5 hours to recharge.

Hard to beat my 25 year old 2 stroke Lawnboy.....plus the smell is bonus !

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6