Power Pole HD Spike

Anyone have any experience with the HD Spike? I want one for my 1548 Jon Boat. My expectations are not to stay perfectly still cause I know it doesn’t do that. I want to stick it in soft Florida freshwater bottom and stay in place with the 6’ rope and I want to know if it will do that. Of course weather conditions would play a factor too so if it works on a regular day with regular conditions and that is something I would have to deal with.

2. Member
    I answered my own question. I went to Bass Pro yesterday and I bought the advertised 8’ Power Pole 8’ HD Spike. It’s actually right around 94”. My only complaint is the length. I wish that it was around 12’ so I can anchor in deeper spots. As far as holding my 1548 Jon, it was a quite windy and choppy today on the small lake that I fish and the HD Spike has absolutely no problem at all holding me in place in soft bottom.
    Last edited by FL Bassman; 07-05-2020 at 01:04 PM.

3. Scraps
    I dunno if I'd want these. Last trip out I couldn't understand why the boat was handling so bad at the ramp. When I got 'er on the trailer I noticed I maneuvered from the bank with my poles down. This happens more than I'd like to admit.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    I just sold my Power Pole HD Spike to a guy at the boat ramp for $70. I’m out roughly $25 but I don’t have to make the roughly 2 hour round-trip to Bass Pro Shops to return it. I’m going to get something else that is around 12’.
    Last edited by FL Bassman; 07-05-2020 at 01:05 PM.