.300 Blackout reloading recipe

Getting a .300 Blackout barrel for my AR, and I'm looking for good load recipes for it. Anyone have one they like?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Shooting subs or supers? www.hodgdonreloading.com I like 9.7 of IMR4227 with a 212 gr pill for subs. Not messed with supers yet, maybe this weekend I'll tinker

3. Member
    Barrel lengh?
    Subs or super?
    bullet weight?
    Twist rate?
    All are going to factor in.
    I have 3 .300BO's in different barrel lengths and all 3 require a different load for accurate subsonic loads. Took hundreds of round with several different powders. Also if you plan on going the subsonic route suppressed get a chronograph. It will be the single best investment in load development.

I’m getting a 16” barrel with 1:7 twist. Plan to load subsonic, but want to experiment with different bullet weights.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    I’m getting a 16” barrel with 1:7 twist. Plan to load subsonic, but want to experiment with different bullet weights.
    Make sure it has a pistol length gas port. More reliable for cycling subs. Also when working up loads you want to start high and work your way down. Also if you plan on suppressing develop your loads without it first, some bullets tend to keyhole at sub velocities and that would be bad for your can.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Make sure it has a pistol length gas port. More reliable for cycling subs. Also when working up loads you want to start high and work your way down. Also if you plan on suppressing develop your loads without it first, some bullets tend to keyhole at sub velocities and that would be bad for your can.
    Never heard of this, always heard to start low and work up!! You dont want to over power right out of the block. At least start in the middle and go where you need with a chrono.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Never heard of this, always heard to start low and work up!! You dont want to over power right out of the block. At least start in the middle and go where you need with a chrono.
    When developing normal loads I agree that you start low and work your way up to prevent over charges. With subsonic loads it the opposite. Reason is too light of a load and you can get a squib (bullet stuck in barrel) and with some powers due to low charge volume it can cause a pressure spike which will give erratic velocities.

IMO, subs are a waste unless you're suppressed. I'm still running supers in my pistol until I can acquire a can.