MSO/boat motor title

Has anyone had to track down the MSO for their boat motor in order to get the title on it? I bought my boat from a good friend, and the bank he was financed through said they never had it to begin with. Wildlife and fisheries isn’t wanting to register my boat without it. Any ideas on who to call?

2. Member
    Good luck. Louisiana sucks to register stuff that was bought out of state muchless in state. It’s a pain in the rear

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrparker View Post
    Has anyone had to track down the MSO for their boat motor in order to get the title on it? I bought my boat from a good friend, and the bank he was financed through said they never had it to begin with. Wildlife and fisheries isn’t wanting to register my boat without it. Any ideas on who to call?
    The bank holds titles and mso's in some states but not all. Very few states allow or require a title or MSO for a outboard, so it is way more common to not get a mso or title with your boat. I had a friend of mine that had the same problem and he had to get a duplicate mso from Yamaha. Yamaha did produce it but it was not fast I want to say it was months not weeks.

4. Member
    I am currently waiting on the MSO's for motor, trailer, and boat. In IL, it was a huge pain to get these registered (boat and trailer). Hope GA goes much smoother.

5. Member
    Just sold one and bought another in GA. All online. Only needed a bill of sale and an affidavit for the DNR and it went smooth for the sale. For the purchase, I bought the boat from an individual and only had a bill of sale. I had him, while I was there, go online and tell the DNR he sold it. Again, no issue.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper67 View Post
    Just sold one and bought another in GA. All online. Only needed a bill of sale and an affidavit for the DNR and it went smooth for the sale. For the purchase, I bought the boat from an individual and only had a bill of sale. I had him, while I was there, go online and tell the DNR he sold it. Again, no issue.
    Which, as such threads always prove, illustrates the vast difference in registration policies from state to state.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio