Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Garmin is at the bottom of the list with raymarine.
    Realvision Raymarine, not Hypervision.
    Hypervision is legit good.

2. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Absolutely false.

Dead horse time......but Garmin's UHD is at the very bottom of ALL brands imaging quality in the mega range. If you're reading this and havent yet made up your mind on a brand for side and down imaging, understand that Garmin's imaging dosnt compare to Lowrance 3n1 or SS3D, Humminbird Mega, or Raymarine's Hypervision.

Sure, it will get the job done for identifying structure...barely. BUT NOT FISH. YOU WILL MISS SEEING FISH ON GARMINS SIDE AND DOWN IMAGING COMPARED TO THE OTHER BRANDS.

Sorry, not looking to bash Garmin as I have some. But misinformation based on fan-boi 'ism of ANY brand needs called out.
    I have posted this picture before but the sturgeon on the left side of the kayak show up pretty well in water that was the color of chocolate milk.

4. Member
    John, that is a good shot no doubt. Very useable for you.

But how would that look with one of the other brands? Or in my case, will Garmins best show pike cabbage...something vital to me finding good pike....as well as I know Humminbird's show it? Not that I have seen yet. And i have used a 106 w/GT54. Ive also completely missed fish when run back to back with other brands.

Im going to try again, this time with a GT51, if the border gets open in time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Absolutely false.

Dead horse time......but Garmin's UHD is at the very bottom of ALL brands imaging quality in the mega range. If you're reading this and havent yet made up your mind on a brand for side and down imaging, understand that Garmin's imaging dosnt compare to Lowrance 3n1 or SS3D, Humminbird Mega, or Raymarine's Hypervision.

Sure, it will get the job done for identifying structure...barely. BUT NOT FISH. YOU WILL MISS SEEING FISH ON GARMINS SIDE AND DOWN IMAGING COMPARED TO THE OTHER BRANDS.

Sorry, not looking to bash Garmin as I have some. But misinformation based on fan-boi 'ism of ANY brand needs called out.
    Pretty sure these are fishies :)

10.7.1.png
    US 2.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12