Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Received my lithiums today and got them installed In my custom battery tray. I replaced a 52-pound sla battery with two Ionic lithiums that weigh 28.6 pounds. They came out of the box with a 73% Charge. About an hour later My Schumacher Charger had one up to 99%, and another hour the other one was up to 99% as well. The Bluetooth app is easy to use and handy as a pocket on a shirt. They both are sitting in standby mode at 13.4 volts. This should make my Motorguide X5 very happy. I just hope when I fish swift water next Feb and March they will last for five to six hours. We shall see. Jeff at Lithium Hub has been as good as gold, answering all my questions.

2. Member
    Gary, I assume you run 16amp electronics on your motor? Here's my setup. I have 3 50AH Lithium Ion Technologies batteries. I really don't know if there are still business. I have a 3bank 10a per bank dual pro charger with the lithium profile in the charger. I run a 70# thrust motorguide pro series 24v troller. I use two 50ah for the troller and one to crank my motor and run my two HDS5s and livewell pump. I've been running this setup for two yrs now with not one single issue. Motor cranks fast all day and troller last all day. No interference issue with any electronics on the motor. Each battery weighs 15lbs and the charger weighs 15lbs. 60lbs total. I have two batteries on one side and one battery and charger on other side.

After I posted this I read your above post. I see you pulled the plug. Good deal. You'll be happy with the weight savings.

3. Member
    Chad, I am as happy as a pig in a waller, as they say. I’ve been at the lake a little over a week, and it has been hot, hot. I have gone out to fish about four or five times for a total of about eight hours. These Lithium Hub 50AH batteries started out charged to 99%. After a week without charging and only eight hours fishing, they are still on 89%. They are dedicated to the troller only, an X5 80-pound thrust Motorguide. At this rate it may take a month before I charge them again. On the Bluetooth app, the highest voltage I saw when I initially charged them was 13.4 volts. After I used them the first time, it dropped to 13.3 volts and has stayed there ever since. I am simply amazed. This may be the best investment I have made in this boat. I believe they cost me $853, shipped at no charge. Oh, by the way, I do run a 16-amp stator/flywheel.

4. Member
    Gary, go ahead and get you third one for your motor and electrics. You're probably running at least a gr27 which is 53-58lbs. That would be another 40lbs weight savings. Huge in our boats.

5. Member
    Chad, you’re right about the weight savings. I may have to go with the same battery you have because there are not many that recommend using lithium for starting when the battery is only 50 AH.

6. Member
    Lithium Ion Technologies is who I went with. This was over two years. I was one of their ginny pigs. Got a great price. I got 3 50AH for 1500 when they are 689.00 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    Lithium Ion Technologies is who I went with. This was over two years. I was one of their ginny pigs. Got a great price. I got 3 50AH for 1500 when they are 689.00 a piece.
    Got mine during that first sale
    also bought a 125 AH at a great price then. opted to sell it when bought the new boat and 4 stroke.

8. Member
    Folks, these batteries are amazing. I have been at the lake since July 20, and I have not charged them yet. They are on 68% on one and 70% on the other. I only fish one to three hours at a time, but I go almost every day when I’m at the lake. Another point I’d like to make is I bought a Motorguide Katana prop for my troller. This thing is advertised to add five pounds of thrust and to be up to 30% more efficient. My buddy has an 82-pound thrust Motorguide on his 20-foot Bullet. We race our
    trollers just to see what helps and what doesn’t. Well, the Katana prop works. Before we were
    dead even, and after the Katana, I pulled away quickly. Just the facts, ma’am, only the facts.
    Last edited by Gary Morgan; 08-13-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I have a used 24 volt Lithium Pro TM2440-24 and wall charger I need to sale. Approx 3 years old. Lot of life left in this battery. Priced right. PM me your number and I will text pics.

11. Member
    The reason I went with 3-50AH(1 for cranking) is because IF i ever get rid of my 02 for a more traditional "bass boat", I will use these 3 for the 36v troller.

12. Member
    Today marks 31 days I’ve been at the lake, and I guesstimate that I have fished at least 25 of those days, a few days were morning and evening. Like I said before, I usually fish one to three hours with the TM set on 20 or 30%. But at times I run it up the the top of the scale to get across a spot quickly. I just checked the batteries, and one is on 47% and one is on 48%. Jeff at Lithium Hub told me to wait until they go below 40%. Supposedly this gives the BMS board in the battery more time to balance out the cells, as opposed to charging them just a short time like you would when they are at 90%. I’m having withdrawal symptoms from not charging my batteries, which I used to do every time I fished daily. These batteries are phenomenal. I have no interest in Lithium Hub other than I like to pat folks on the shoulder when they do a great job.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Morgan View Post
    Today marks 31 days I’ve been at the lake, and I guesstimate that I have fished at least 25 of those days, a few days were morning and evening. Like I said before, I usually fish one to three hours with the TM set on 20 or 30%. But at times I run it up the the top of the scale to get across a spot quickly. I just checked the batteries, and one is on 47% and one is on 48%. Jeff at Lithium Hub told me to wait until they go below 40%. Supposedly this gives the BMS board in the battery more time to balance out the cells, as opposed to charging them just a short time like you would when they are at 90%. I’m having withdrawal symptoms from not charging my batteries, which I used to do every time I fished daily. These batteries are phenomenal. I have no interest in Lithium Hub other than I like to pat folks on the shoulder when they do a great job.
    I'm with you bud, my batteries are flawless. Great purchase! I will have a new article out in September that I think is going to another must have purchase...excited about that.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12