Battery charger wiring help

I plugged my dual pro charger in yesterday after fishing and noticed only one bank was charging. I thought either the charger was bad or one of my batteries was bad. I got to looking and one of the leads from the charger had broken off right above the fuse due to fumes. I always Prop open the lid when charging and after. How do I connect the wires and fuse together? They both broke off cleanly. Thanks!

Not likely due to fumes, Obtain a new fuse holder of the same type, and quality connectors with the shrink type insulation and replace that section, check the other ones for hot spots when on the charger as that indicate broken strands or poor connections
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    If you are going to fix it get a new fuse holder and connect it properly. How long have you had the charger? Bob By the way I am from UA (upper Arkansas)
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    It is a Dual Pro charger that was on my 1995 Ranger RT188 that I purchased new, I’ve noticed some of the other fuse covers have some deterioration on them. The batteries are Interstate’s that came with the boat. I’ve got five years out of them and they’re still going strong. Hey Bob, I’m Tim from Pine Bluff.

5. Member
    Might be a good time to either rebuild the 25 year old cables of get a newer one! Hey Tim

6. Member
    I’m sorry it’s a 2015 Ranger. That’s what I get for posting and watching tv at the same time LOL!

7. Member
    Might have been fumes if you use wet cell conventional batteries unless the leads were flexed a lot. Charging wet cells with the caps off can bring bubbles to the surface as well as overfilling can cause spillage. Clean them up, a rewiring is probably in order.

8. Member
    I was thinking it would be strange to pull your charger out of the old boat and put it in the newer one. Even if you were from LA!