Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Better refit your boat with a high power trolling motor and a good weed prop. The grass is terrible in florida. For years i thought i really wanted to bass fish florida lakes. After a few trips dealing with thick hydrilla, i couldnt wait to get back to SC and NC lakes. Wore me out constantly having to pull up the motor and get grass off of it. The MG aluminum prop with sharpened edges works great, but not sure its still available.
    Which lakes are bad with weeds? I have been fishing the ones I hardly seen any in. So I would like to maybe hit the weedy ones, if they ain't that far away.
    Last edited by 250bassFL; 07-09-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    Another quick question. When you NH guys moved to Florida, did any of you guys ship your boat down as in like on a flatbed or ramp truck? I would like to ship mine down if possible, not haul it down. Don't want any potential problems with tires or bearings. They are fine for up here but not sure for a long haul to Florida. Could or may have a local shop put in new bearings and buy 2 new Goodyear Endurance tires, if it comes down to that. Might be the cheaper way out. If anyone has shipped a boat from NH to florida, who did you use and what was the cost? Thanks guys.
    if your trailer is not suitable to make a trip from NC to FL you need to replace the axles, bearings or whatever it takes to fix.

I regularly drive two hours to fish in FL.

no matter where you live you’ll end you trailering to another lake.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Just got new tires put on the trailer. Next, having a local shop, check or replace bearings and put new hub oil in and then shes ready for the long haul.

4. Banned
    If you you keep heading south I've heard Cuba is beautiful and boast's some of the best fishing there is to offer. Plus, the American dollar will go along way!!!!!I was joking about my previous post because this state is being RUINED by too many people moving here from up north. There is only so much land and too few places left ( if any) that has not been adversely effected by Ohio, Mich, NY, NH, Indiana ect. There comes a point in time when the natural resources cant take no more and then you will see the dreaded results. It really has already started to collapse. Green algae everywhere due to mans interference with mass construction and clearing of land so people like you can buy a new home in a gated subdivision.. 10-15 years ago that shitty green algae wasn't here in the massive volume that it is now. So, when you get here you will see it in the news. SO, tell all your friends, relatives, enemies and whom ever else to come on down and lets just put the death blow into our lakes and forest. Pretty soon Florida will show up in a satellite picture from space as one massive green looking blob with no forest. Which by the way puts the Florida Panther in even more danger. They say it takes numerous square miles of forest to support on panther. Florida is only how many miles from the east coast to the west coast. Guess the developers when out though.

At least I got memories of what good fishing, clean water and expansive forest used to be like.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 07-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The Panthers aren't that good of a team anyway the Bolts are better.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    If you you keep heading south I've heard Cuba is beautiful and boast's some of the best fishing there is to offer. Plus, the American dollar will go along way!!!!!I was joking about my previous post because this state is being RUINED by too many people moving here from up north. There is only so much land and too few places left ( if any) that has not been adversely effected by Ohio, Mich, NY, NH, Indiana ect. There comes a point in time when the natural resources cant take no more and then you will see the dreaded results. It really has already started to collapse. Green algae everywhere due to mans interference with mass construction and clearing of land so people like you can buy a new home in a gated subdivision.. 10-15 years ago that shitty green algae wasn't here in the massive volume that it is now. So, when you get here you will see it in the news. SO, tell all your friends, relatives, enemies and whom ever else to come on down and lets just put the death blow into our lakes and forest. Pretty soon Florida will show up in a satellite picture from space as one massive green looking blob with no forest. Which by the way puts the Florida Panther in even more danger. They say it takes numerous square miles of forest to support on panther. Florida is only how many miles from the east coast to the west coast. Guess the developers when out though.

At least I got memories of what good fishing, clean water and expansive forest used to be like.
    X2 This state has gone way downhill. Look in Tennessee, Alabama or Georgia.

7. Banned

Unfortunately, this is 100% correct.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Better refit your boat with a high power trolling motor and a good weed prop. The grass is terrible in florida. For years i thought i really wanted to bass fish florida lakes. After a few trips dealing with thick hydrilla, i couldnt wait to get back to SC and NC lakes. Wore me out constantly having to pull up the motor and get grass off of it. The MG aluminum prop with sharpened edges works great, but not sure its still available.
    Don't know what decade you were down saying there was to much grass, those were certainly the last of the great years we had here bass fishing with big numbers and monster fish. I guess the FWC really took your complaining to heart because they got rid of it all. Thanks! Next time worry about your own state and stay out of ours if you hate it so much.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Don't know what decade you were down saying there was to much grass, those were certainly the last of the great years we had here bass fishing with big numbers and monster fish. I guess the FWC really took your complaining to heart because they got rid of it all. Thanks! Next time worry about your own state and stay out of ours if you hate it so much.
    Rock on!!!!! The thicker the grass the better

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post

11. Banned
    Make sure you move into a development that has an HOA like is shown on that commercial on tv. Then, when it gets to be 95deg with 95% humidity, make sure you come on this board and complain about the heat. And be sure to tell us how great it was up north. Next thing you can look forward to is the high rate of homeowners insurance, along with the price of housing. The 1300 sf house across the street just sold for 220 grand, and it isnt waterfront.
    Then when a hurricane comes thru and you lose power for a week or more, you will see it ain't all that great here. Okeechobee is being sprayed to death, along with most of the lakes here. Just giving you something to look forward to when you move here.

12. Banned
    To all yall transplants that complain about my post..... see Im not the only one that wishes yall would stay put or go back from where ya came from! Snow birds and damn yanks are no different then swarming mosquitos! Ya buzz around and create a nuisance that don't leave. Problem is, unlike like mosquitos, a can of repellant doesn't work on yall!

GO HOME

13. Member
    To all yall transplants that complain about my post..... see Im not the only one that wishes yall would stay put or go back from where ya came from! Snow birds and damn yanks are no different then swarming mosquitos! Ya buzz around and create a nuisance that don't leave. Problem is, unlike like mosquitos, a can of repellant doesn't work on yall!

GO HOME
    So out of curiosity. Born in Palatka and lived in Crescent City however I’ve lived in Alabama for many more years than I ever did in Florida. Have I been gone too long and lost my “Florida Native” status if I decide to retire there in a few years

In all seriousness I know where some of you are coming from. My stepdad grew up in the Homestead and tells stories of how Florida used to be. He worked as a deckhand on charters that ran out of Flamingo. Flew a crop duster for awhile spraying orange groves and tomato fields on farms that have long been replaced by subdivisions and concrete.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

14. Banned
    Ill issue ya a special return pass.

15. Member
    Ill issue ya a special return pass.
    Much appreciated! I'll buy you a cold beverage of your choice
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbassfisherman View Post
    My wife and I are moving to Florida from New Hampshire. We are looking at Brooksville Florida. I am an avid or above Bass fisherman, and have done tourneys up here in a few smaller clubs but not doing tourneys anymore. Would like to know if theres something similar to our "Clarks" book for ponds and lakes in New Hampshire but in Florida instead. Or anything that would give me some idea of local Lakes and ponds. I have an 18' Ranger Bassboat. My wifes bucket list is to fish Okeechobee, but would prob have a guide take us for that. Just looking for small to medium Lakes good for Bass fishing.
    You may want to take these factors into consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12