NEMA to a Solix unit

So if i wanted to see nema data from a merc 4s on a solix and had a smartcraft gauge, would i just purchase the module mercury P/N 8M0165589 and "T" into the back of the smart craft?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Is this the square digital readout??? Did you check to see if the smartcraft has a NMEA connection??? For some reason i dont think it does.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    It's the square one yes. Was told Mercury had a part that would t in and then plug into back of the solix.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You might have a look with your own eyes but i want to say it does not "talk" NMEA 2000. Only way to tell is pull your dash out and see if there is a NMEA pigtail. If not, then it simply will not work. You would need to step up to the MercMonitor Level 1 which does have the NMEA pigtail on the wiring harness.

On another note, a good while back, there was a guy wanting to do same with NMEA and didnt have any gauges. I think he bought the Mercury junction box and the module (you mentioned) and connected to his dash unit and it all worked out. How would that junction box work with your setup, not sure. Maybe a call to Mercury and see what they say.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 07-01-2020 at 05:13 PM.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

6. Member
    I have this set up. You cannot get the data from Smartcraft gauge. You need the interface and cable. I did a video showing it a couple of days ago. My dealer, Nashville Marine called to find out the best way to do it when I took delivery of my boat as I was the first around Middle TN to do it.

7. Member
    Thanks all! I am picking up boat tomorrow so I cannot put my eyes on what goes to the smartcraft gauge. I will see what I can do thru my dealer and with mercury. I did not think the square gauge would have what i needed. Got a 15 solix at console just as you do Jim so your video is what turned me onto to trying this.

8. Member
    That's awesome Travis. Congrats on your new rig and make sure you post some pics of it. Bird owners love to see all the birds that are out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Thanks all! I am picking up boat tomorrow so I cannot put my eyes on what goes to the smartcraft gauge. I will see what I can do thru my dealer and with mercury. I did not think the square gauge would have what i needed. Got a 15 solix at console just as you do Jim so your video is what turned me onto to trying this.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    That's awesome Travis. Congrats on your new rig and make sure you post some pics of it. Bird owners love to see all the birds that are out there.

10. Member
    That's a smokin' hot rig right there! Congrats.

11. Member
    Thanks man

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Did you figure out about the NMEA connection to motor?

13. Member
    Yes was told I need the module from mercury that would would plug up to motor and then talk NEMA to my unit. Shoud be the mercury part I listed in first post but I am still unsure where it ties in at.