Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tackle Warehouse Back Order Policy and Related Logistics Customer Service is TERRIBLE

Try having an item that is on backorder, pay for it (as a part of a MUCH larger order), have it come back into stock and then go out of stock again and have Tackle Warehouse MAKE the conscious decision to prioritize new orders over yours. That is the situation I am in - Placed an order for a Rapala scale on 5/9 on BO, OK - money paid and still waiting after sending 3 emails and 1 phone call just now where I was told verbatim “we still have your scale set aside, we’re just not prioritizing back orders and we are getting new orders out”. What a complete joke and the poorest customer service and logistics decision I have ever heard of. Prioritize a new order, for potentially a new customer while you collected a long term customer’s money ~2 months ago and have had the stock and have still not shipped it and on top of that won’t tell them when you will ship it. The ABSOLUTE WORST service policy. This is coming from a long time TW fan and I am pissed.

2. Member
    It sounds like it...LOL I'm glad I happened to read this because I was just about to place an order with them in the next couple of days.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    I agree that is slightly backwards thinking. Back orders first IMO.

4. Member
    Regardless of the reasons, TW has had issues of late (maybe Johnny bought them secretly).
    I have used a couple of others of late, Tackle Trap and Land Big Fish and been happy with the result.
    TW does not automatically get more orders anymore, like they used to.

5. Member
    I would be upset as well.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Regardless of the reasons, TW has had issues of late (maybe Johnny bought them secretly).
    I have used a couple of others of late, Tackle Trap and Land Big Fish and been happy with the result.
    Exactly what I told the CS lady that this was a HUGE mistake. That I personally always differed and differed other people to TW and that will NOT happen any longer. That whoever was making the pick/pull/ship decisions related to priority had made the wrong decision. I’m in the Logistics Industry 30 years and I would have said ZERO, ZERO new orders go out until every BO with stock is cleared. These people have already spent their money - move their product full stop.

7. Member
    They typically don't charge me for the backorder until they ship. Weird

8. Member
    I made the mistake of ordering several things back in February or March and one of the items was on B/O.

My order sat there until it all was in stock which was only a couple weeks but I was wanting the other stuff that week.

That was the last time I ordered anything from them if it wasn't In Stock.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billdoe708 View Post
    This would be the right way to do it if not in stock, but I can screen cap the order and the charge to my account.

10. Member
    Placed an order with Land Big Fish and Susquehanna Tackle in the last week. Received both orders within 4 days of order. Susquehanna gave me 10% off welcome discount on first order. Couple of items were out of stock and they immediately called me and asked if I wanted to keep on back order of cancel. Damn good customer service from both! LBF is also still running sales... Pretty much moved my business over and very happy!

TW has gone south and is my last option when buying tackle these days

I’ve even ordered from BPS before looking at TW

Their back order policy has been a joke for years and this situation is just confirmation my money is being spent wisely

This would be a great opportunity for one of the other online retailers to step up and take TW’s place
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Member
    I placed my last order with them earlier this spring. TW's shipping policy and logistics made me feel like the least important customer in the world. It happened twice... so shame on me, and that was the last time.

I can't fathom why they do it the way they do, but I get to move on. There are other fantastic options.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

13. Banned
    They shipped an order to the wrong address for me a couple years ago. Same town, different neighborhood. I had to contact the people that recieved it and ask for my box of crankbaits. CS was very nonchalant about it - should have reshipped instead of making me chase the package, IMHO.

14. Member
    I know they will wait to to ship back orders until everything that was on back order is in stock for an order. So if you have two items on B/O and one comes into stock they won't ship it until the other one comes in, and they won't charge you until it ships. While this is frustrating I get why they do it that way, since they are paying the shipping for the back ordered item they are going to make sure they spend as little on that shipping as possible which means waiting till they can ship it all at once and via what ever is the cheapest option.

15. Member
    TW has gone severely down hill. They have lost my business for good.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    I know they will wait to to ship back orders until everything that was on back order is in stock for an order. So if you have two items on B/O and one comes into stock they won't ship it until the other one comes in, and they won't charge you until it ships. While this is frustrating I get why they do it that way, since they are paying the shipping for the back ordered item they are going to make sure they spend as little on that shipping as possible which means waiting till they can ship it all at once and via what ever is the cheapest option.
    thats not at all what happens though. I had the same exact issue as the OP except I wasn't charged initially for said item. Purchased it all with 1 backordered item, that item came into stock and I still waited almost 2 months without them sending it and I finally cancelled my order. New orders should absolutely not be prioritized over orders that have been waiting months to be sent out. That is complete BS and horrible business IMO. Unless its a deal too good to pass up I'll be doing all of my shopping someplace else from now and considering that TW doesn't have many great sales anymore I probably wont buy there again.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    I made the mistake of ordering several things back in February or March and one of the items was on B/O.

My order sat there until it all was in stock which was only a couple weeks but I was wanting the other stuff that week.

That was the last time I ordered anything from them if it wasn't In Stock.
    Yes I never order from anywhere if the item is out of stock. I tend to get the other things I want and look somewhere else for the out of stock item.

18. Banned
    My biggest issue is the rod shipping. I ordered two rods Monday, paid the overnight shipping that showed up on the invoice at checkout. I received an email from them yesterday requiring more money for the shipping so I replied back and said to cancel the order and went to another site and saved money on the rods and the shipping. TW has become less of a must shop place for me, LBF and a few others have been better for me in the long run.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billdoe708 View Post
    Thats been my experience...

20. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast