Thread: Spike

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    43% of the deaths have been in nursing homes due to terrible decisions by local government officials.
    NY Governor basically has blood on his hands. I hope he spends the rest of his life fighting civil suits by families effected by his callousness.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokewagon View Post
    So you are saying the United States does not have the highest number of Covid deaths compared to other Countries?
    Sure we do. We all so have 330 million people in this country and it seems you believe what China puts out. It would seem we would have more deaths than say Italy with a population of about 40 million but as a % of the population they have 3 times the deaths we have. Like I said let nothing get in the way of your talking points and narrative.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    We have one of the highest death rates per diagnosed case
    Covid has affected people with a compromised immune system the most.....We also have close to 100 million obese adults living in america and close to 50 million adults over the age of 60 living in the United States.... to say the only reason we have high mortality rate is because we haven't done enough covid protection is a little ignorant on the totality of reasons why it has hit the U.S. harder than most.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    No I was right. We are at 4.5%. Alot of country's are higher than us.
    What the what? You literally said that "our death rate per percentage of positive test is one of the lowest in the world."

Among the top 20 countries currently most effected by Covid-19, we have the fifth highest death rate.

Looking at the lifetime of the virus, we have the 33rd highest death rate out of 161 nations. In no way can either of those be perceived as "one of the lowest in the world."

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Even worse than that. There was an article today that said an elderly man in the hospital with COVIDs can't be moved back to his care home until he test negative on two consecutive tests. He is being tested twice every other day. So far 6 positive tests. And guess what? Every test is being counted as a new positive. We are being played and for two reasons. There are federal and state $$$ associated with positives and politics to making vote by mail happen. Wake up folks! It would simply be called the flu, if not for an election year.

That cuts both ways. My BIL just had surgery, he has been tested multiple times prior to the surgery. All negative. Hospital workers are also tested regularly. Multiple negative test results for the same people.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    No I was right. We are at 4.5%. Alot of country's are higher than us.
    We are much lower than 4.5% if we use real numbers.

Can anyone figure out how this is a Texas COVID death as the article headline suggests? Very sorry the gentleman passed away and prayers to his family.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.big...ore-death/amp/

8. Member
    Sure we do. We all so have 330 million people in this country and it seems you believe what China puts out. It would seem we would have more deaths than say Italy with a population of about 40 million but as a % of the population they have 3 times the deaths we have. Like I said let nothing get in the way of your talking points and narrative.

You keep making things up that are so easily disprovable. It's quite strange. Italy's population is 60 million, not 40. Yes their total deaths per capita is higher than ours; about 50% higher, not 300% higher.

But they were also one of the first countries to go through a crazy spike, so they learned from it, properly quarantined, and shut it down. Other counties learned from Italy. We should have learned from it, but many areas chose to ignore it.

Yesterday, Italy had 142 new cases of Covid-19. We had 43,865. Adjust theirs up 5.5x to make up for population difference, and we still had over 56 times the number of new cases, just yesterday alone.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Can anyone figure out how this is a Texas COVID death as the article headline suggests? Very sorry the gentleman passed away and prayers to his family.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.big...ore-death/amp/
    Sorry, didn't read it that way. I understood it as saying he was from CA but had family in Texas. Not sure where he was treated, but thought the death record would be based on home address.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamb View Post
    Ah, you made the original comment on the Texas data which was already on the rise prior to the protests.

There are lots of articles out there with experts looking at more granular data than just national numbers. They seem to say it's tough to tell what, if any, impact the protests had, but since they were outside, on the move, and largely masked, and caused many people to stay home, there was probably not much virus spread.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/n...-protests.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...4c6_story.html
    You are correct, I did reply to the Texas graph, and if you can see even on that graph there is a much higher spike that started after the 10th of June. If you really believe that hundreds of thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder in every major city shouting their demands did not contribute to the spike please tell me what did. If that doesn't contribute to the spread a disease I can't imagine how it does.
    Last edited by sdbrison; 07-01-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

11. Member
    the cases will not stop going up anytime soon. You don't stop a virus like this and you don't lock down the entire country. That just prolongs its spread. Once you start opening up the country yes cases will go up as long as deaths don't follow. We know the virus is deadly to the elderly. Lets protect those.. But you have to begin to open the country. Cramming positive covid seniors back into nursing homes sure didn't help!! 80% of the deaths or patients over 65!.

Shame on all those in charge making something like this political.

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Sorry, didn't read it that way. I understood it as saying he was from CA but had family in Texas. Not sure where he was treated, but thought the death record would be based on home address.

The headline literally reads as follows:

Texas COVID-19 victim posts haunting warning on Facebook days before death

If you he from CA and got the virus from a party in CA then how is he a Texas COVID victim?

13. Banned
    I'm holding out until the pay me to come get tested... I want some free money... Dan

14. Member
    Add me to the test statistic, called in to work this morning because I was a little nauseous thanks to the left over faijtas I had last night and a 20oz Gatorade at 6 A.M this morning. Everything was good after a couple more hours of extra sleep just to wake up to a text from my supervisor saying "Nausia is a syptom of COVID and I can't force you to get tested but you cannot be allowed back to the office until you provide a negative test result". I didn't question anything but instead went to get tested at 3:30, results should be in Friday according to the nurse but I'll be in Mississippi so can't get the print out until Monday. Either way looks like my planned 4 day weekend turned into a 6.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Add me to the test statistic, called in to work this morning because I was a little nauseous thanks to the left over faijtas I had last night and a 20oz Gatorade at 6 A.M this morning. Everything was good after a couple more hours of extra sleep just to wake up to a text from my supervisor saying "Nausia is a syptom of COVID and I can't force you to get tested but you cannot be allowed back to the office until you provide a negative test result". I didn't question anything but instead went to get tested at 3:30, results should be in Friday according to the nurse but I'll be in Mississippi so can't get the print out until Monday. Either way looks like my planned 4 day weekend turned into a 6.
    No offense but I’m betting several others get a few extra days.

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    What’s so important in Mississippi that you have to drag the ‘rona over here? We have enough problems of our own.

Have a great trip/weekend.
    Who controls John Gill?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The headline literally reads as follows:

Texas COVID-19 victim posts haunting warning on Facebook days before death

If you he from CA and got the virus from a party in CA then how is he a Texas COVID victim?
    The headline does say that but the article implies he is from CA and so would agree the Headline is misleading. Can't trust reporters anyway these days...LOL

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    What’s so important in Mississippi that you have to drag the ‘rona over here? We have enough problems of our own.

Technically, he should be stuck quarantined in Arkansas until he finds out if he done went and caught it

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix20 View Post
    No offense but I’m betting several others get a few extra days.
    Only one other person in my office, supervisor comes once a week which happened to be today and I wasn't there. Simply just a little nausea from the food I ate the night before and the Gatorade, which gives me a bit of stomach pain but not problems. Plus when I say nausea I'm saying grumbling stomach not knowing what's going to happen but nothing actually happening.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post

Going to see my Dad in Guntown outside of Tupelo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast