250 SHO lower unit bullet water pick ups

Just bought a used boat with my first Yamaha i have ever owned, 2010 250 SHO. Upon inspection after i bought it, the 2 lower water pick up holes in the bottom of the bullet have been plugged up with epoxy. ?? I drove the boat before i bought it and had about 10 -12 psi of water pressure. Just trying to figure out the purpose of this. Thanks

2. Member
    So the previous owner could use a higher engine mounting height.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsemo View Post
    Jthe 2 lower water pick up holes in the bottom of the bullet have been plugged up with epoxy
    Do you mean that 2 holes on each side of every holes on the intake were filled or 2 rows or all holes?
    If not all was filled, where there any difference on left or right side.
    cover.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burl View Post
    Do you mean that 2 holes on each side of every holes on the intake were filled or 2 rows or all holes?
    If not all was filled, where there any difference on left or right side.
    cover.jpg
    No not the water pick up on the nose. There are two lower water pick up holes under the nose cone or bullet of the lower unit.

5. Member
    Sounds to me like previous owner maybe added a nose cone (like Bobs or Hydrotec) with low water pickups....then decided to plug them (maybe only wanted the benefit of the cone and not the extra water)???
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McQuaig View Post
    previous owner maybe added a nose cone
    +1

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsemo View Post
    No not the water pick up on the nose. There are two lower water pick up holes under the nose cone or bullet of the lower unit.
    rsemo, I'm curious to learn, I just went out in the garage and on my new SHO 250 the only holes are the two water pickups with the plastic screen as shown above on each side, and at the very tip of the nose is one small 1/8" - 1/4" hole that to my understanding is the mechanical speedo pickup. There are no other holes anywhere. Do you have a picture by chance? Thank you in advanced.