Lowrance Ghost Lift Shock Issue?

Anyone else have an issue with the lift shock? Installing mine last night and the "back" arm is stuck will not let the trolling motor go to the stow position. The "front" arm works correctly for deployment position.

2. Member
    Not to ask a smart question but the shock is installed correctly? (Assuming not new install)

New Ghost install, back or what I would call bottom arm of the shock doesn't move. I've watch a couple of videos and it clearly shows the arm movement when stowed. Just figured I would start with BBC before contacting Lowrance.

4. Member
    mine locks up occasionally too. i cycle it a couple times and it starts working again.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    Anyone else have an issue with the lift shock? Installing mine last night and the "back" arm is stuck will not let the trolling motor go to the stow position. The "front" arm works correctly for deployment position.
    MY Ghost trolling did the same thing, and so did my buddy's just go ahead an push it down the first time , and it won't stick any more.

6. Banned
    TT

Mine is fine on deploy but won’t stow, think if I force it, it’s going to break the plastic. Called Lowrance but they been off for the holidays, call Thursday morning.

8. Member
    Post a picture of the installed shock.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    MY Ghost trolling did the same thing, and so did my buddy's just go ahead an push it down the first time , and it won't stick any more.
    I did this and broke the plastic crutch. Now I can't find a strut to replace it.
    Ranger 2011 Z520 / Mecury 250 Pro XS
    Proud Member of Trophy Bassmasters of Kenton Ohio
    www.trophybass.org

Mine froze in the stow position and broke the crutch, Lowrance sent me a new crutch and a new piston and all is fine now! Call them and they will send you a new one.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2