Lakes Region boat ramp parking at smaller lakes

I'm heading up to Meredith on July 5th for the week and was thinking about trying some new places. Anyone have any insight on the parking for Pemigewasset, Wickwas, or Opeechee Bay? I am trying to avoid the crowds at the bigger lakes. I've never been to any of these places and have no clue what the parking situation is like.

thanks,
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Wickwas is easy, you can park along the side of the street. Just watch out for the stupid object up by street when backing in. Either a rock or pole cant remember. Others can fill you in on the other 2 spots.

Pemigewasset is carry in only . There is a concrete barrier in front of the ramp.
    I think opeechee has 5 or 6 spots. I don't know how the launch will be. Its usually pretty shallow there. Not sure if they got any of the rain last night.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Banned
    [QUOTE=randy_almeida;11218991]I'm heading up to Meredith on July 5th for the week and was thinking about trying some new places. Anyone have any insight on the parking for Pemigewasset, Wickwas, or Opeechee Bay? I am trying to avoid the crowds at the bigger lakes. I've never been to any of these places and have no clue what the parking situation is like.

The Pemi has a lunch on RT 104 in New Hampton. If you go North be careful, shallow and rocks all over the place. South you'll should be happy to find Smallies.

Wickwas, just an OK Launch, NOT MUCH PARKING. It will be loaded with Kayakers.

Opeeche has a decent launch but close to downtown, people use it as a beach. Wear sneakers if you walk in the water there. Between where you launch and the first point behind you has a long grass line, good smallies and some LM. Head to the end of the lake and you'll see a Public beach on the right shore. There is a Rockpile out in front of it, just graph it, you'll find it.

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses but I feel like that I may be better off just going to Winni, Waukewan, and Newfound and getting there early. I don't want to risk damaging my boat on a place I've never been to.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Thanks for the responses but I feel like that I may be better off just going to Winni, Waukewan, and Newfound and getting there early. I don't want to risk damaging my boat on a place I've never been to.
    If your thinking that.... Don't forget SQUAM LAKE. Just a Hop skip and a jump from Meredith. You also need to get there a little early because there is only 26 spots for parking. Squam can be really fun. Squaw Cove is a must for LM if you go. Hasn't been many tournaments there so they have NOT been taken out to the weigh in area. If you do go to Squaw cove, Up and Down the MIDDLE. Trust me, Up and Down the MIDDLE with a Blk/Blue Flake Senko wacky rigged and and Blk/Blue 3/8 oz jig. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I'm heading up to Meredith on July 5th for the week and was thinking about trying some new places. Anyone have any insight on the parking for Pemigewasset, Wickwas, or Opeechee Bay? I am trying to avoid the crowds at the bigger lakes. I've never been to any of these places and have no clue what the parking situation is like.

thanks,
    Bring lots of patience with you. I was on Newfound yesterday and it was packed. The Lakes Region in general is super busy. Get on the water as early as you can and be prepared for a circus when you try to pull out. Waukewan may be a good choice due to limited parking

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Bring lots of patience with you. I was on Newfound yesterday and it was packed. The Lakes Region in general is super busy. Get on the water as early as you can and be prepared for a circus when you try to pull out. Waukewan may be a good choice due to limited parking
    There's are only 4 weekends I simply do not go north of Concord on: Memorial Day, end of Bike Week, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Complete and utter chit show up there.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    There's are only 4 weekends I simply do not go north of Concord on: Memorial Day, end of Bike Week, 4th of July, and Labor Day. Complete and utter chit show up there.
    I’m hoping that it won’t be too bad when I go during the week. I’m heading up on 7/5 and staying a week. I definitely will never go to Shep Browns on a holiday weekend again. Last Labor Day I parked early morning and came in around 4pm to find my truck completely blocked by cars that decided to make a parking lane in the middle of the lot.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS