ultrex warranty work

Does Minnkota send any paperwork back for the customer if the unit has been replaced due to water intrusion? or is it just a "here you go" from the ASC??

2. Member
    I took my boat by an asc yesterday- guy was super cool, took tm off and took lower unit apart while I was there- gonna replace seals bearings recondition armature etc no paper work , seems really hassle free, that said I’m not thrilled with ultrex and suspect this may be a recurring thing but hell - it’s a trolling motor not cancer

3. Member
    As stated above. Minn Kota does not provide paperwork to customers on warranty repairs. I always tell customer what could of caused the problem and what was replaced. I have had customer request paperwork, but I tell them there is none for the customer. Minn Kota does have a history on each repair that ASC can refer to if needed.

4. Member
    ok thanks guys, that is what I was looking for

5. Member
    When I was doing warranty work, I would provide customers with a warranty invoice showing no charge. Claims are filed electronically, but I had to do an invoice anyway to keep my inventory straight. Warranty work carries a 90 day guarantee for parts and labor used in repairs. This gave the customer something to show the date of repair and parts used. It was for customer good faith.