Mercury 4 stroke sputter?

I have a 4-stroke 150 mercury. With a smart gauge hooked up. When my boat it sits level the tank reads full but when I drive the boat the smart goes of fuel critical. This is fine it’s not a big deal if it doesn’t read 100 percent correct to me. I know it’s full though because I would fill it up before hitting the lake. Here is the thing though lately when I’ve been idling the motor will sort of slightly sputter. What could this be?

2. mikesxpress
    Post in Mercury 4 stroke forum.

3. Banned
    Is the engine trying to die, or is the "sputter" really just prop chatter that so many experience with 4 strokes?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch_Pickle View Post
    Is the engine trying to die, or is the "sputter" really just prop chatter that so many experience with 4 strokes?
    Not trying to die at it and is very strong still with a steady stream of clear water coming out.

I haven’t noticed it before so idk if it’s the prop?

5. #FRB
    You mention filling up before each trip. Do you add any kind of stabilizer to the gas or do you just pile a couple gallons on top of several gallons of existing gas? Might have some water in the gas.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch_Pickle View Post
    Yeah my 4-stroke inline 4 Merc chatters like crazy until the motor warms up. Done it since new.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Post in Mercury 4 stroke forum.
    This would be you best bet
    Thank You Leon Pugh