Thread: Replacing Seats

Replacing Seats

It's time for some upgrades to the 203. I'm planning to start with carpet and seats. Planning on carpet from BassCat, but what about seats? I've looked at them on bassboatseats.com, Llebroc Industries and Dean's. They all look nice but any reason why to buy one over the other? I read on bassboatseats.com that their back section is held on with velcro? Anyone have experience with that? How does it hold up? Or is there some where else I should be looking at their seats? I can't just replace the vinyl on mine because I lost one seat back going down the lake when I was by myself and couldn't find it when I finally realized what had happen. Thanks for the input
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

2. Member
    anything that bassboatseats sell is cheap chinese garbage. Update your look and go with Llebroc.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Llebroc. When I ordered them what I got was pretty good quality AND they beefed up the mount metal showing me they are reviewing issues experienced in the field. Measurements were spot on. They sent product samples that helped ensure I got the correct colors.

I was thinking about Deans but the tag on my seats was Llebroc I wanted same. Also 5% discount for BBC.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

4. Member
    Llebroc is the deal

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Your 98 203 was probably done by Dean's. They can offer an updated look that will still work with your under seat storage.

Yeah...gotta agree...go with Llebroc.

7. Member
    Im doing the same project.......already got carpet from BassCat (great stuff) & I'm ordering seats from Liebroc this week. Anybody have any input in on the leaning post bike seat.....not sure on that one aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzo7161 View Post
    Im doing the same project.......already got carpet from BassCat (great stuff) & I'm ordering seats from Liebroc this week. Anybody have any input in on the leaning post bike seat.....not sure on that one aspect
    I'm doing seats next year and will have two of the leaning post seats. Got used to them in a friends 'toon, and really like them compared to a standard bike seat.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayzo7161 View Post
    I got one for my 210 a year or so after replacing the seats. so I have a butt seat that goes with the 307s and the leaning seat. I use it more than I thought I would. Gives you an option if you get tired of sitting ... I have the other butt seat available for a partner.

10. Member
    Hey guys - I have a 2007 210 Elite. Lost the back of my passenger seat in rough water at night. The remaining seats/cushions are in perfect condition. Any chance I could just replace the back of the passenger seat (it just slides in) instead of replacing the whole 3 seat set?

11. Member
    I just did bass cat carpet & Llebroc seats......both high quality.

seats fit perfectly with kit for underseat storage.... not the cheapest but I was after quality & longevity.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FenleyDee View Post
    Hey guys - I have a 2007 210 Elite. Lost the back of my passenger seat in rough water at night. The remaining seats/cushions are in perfect condition. Any chance I could just replace the back of the passenger seat (it just slides in) instead of replacing the whole 3 seat set?
    Good luck, prob the only way that'll happen is if someone has one laying around. All of the companies I found sold them only in pairs. My boat is a 98 203 elite, I just ordered seats because I lost one of my backs as well. That being said I do have the other one still but not sure its the same as urs. If it's the same you can have it when my new ones arrive.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

13. Member
    Appreciate the offer. Was afraid that was the only option other than full replacement. But like the idea of under the seat storage.

The backs of these seats should have a screw and washer that holds them in. If you do not have them secured with the screw, you could potentially still lose them.

15. Member
    That's a better design. That's how I lost mine. Nothing to secure it to the boat. Thanks for the reply

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    For those trying to decide between Deans and Llebroc, Deans made maybe half the seats and so forth from 1997-2002. They made all seats, etc prior to that. Llebroc made the rest plus newer. Give Deans your HIN and they can tell you if they have the build sheet on your boat.
    Last edited by Lea; 08-09-2020 at 10:25 AM.

17. Member
    Call up Llebroc and ask if they have a odd seat back. When I lost mine a few years ago they were able to sell me just a seat back. It wasn't cheap, about half the price of the two full seats but I was able to replace it without having to buy a set
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

18. TJNYSNP
    bassboatseats has gone to a double stitching on there seats since couple years ago as they replaced all my seats with no cost

bassboatseats are pretty cheap and they are very good on their warranty

easy to install and get new if they come apart

to each their own