New ZX 225 guages question

Does the new ZX225's show info like water temp, rpm's, trim angle, water pressure, ect... through the Helix at the console or will a guy have to buy extra eq. to be able to?

2. Member
    you'll need to install a NMEA 2000 kit...
    I'm not sure if it will display trim angle

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verkeith View Post
    you'll need to install a NMEA 2000 kit...
    I'm not sure if it will display trim angle
    Thank you sir!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pflat View Post
    Thank you sir!
    You're welcome sir

5. Member
    I have a new ZX225 with NMEA and all i get is RPM and engine temp. I have been on the search for how to get more information delivered to my Birds and no one can provide any straight answers. I am feeling like its a waste of time and money. I hope you find this as a possible savings as i wish i knew what i know now and i would have saved a few hundred $.

Now if any one has straight answers i am open as i have spent the money and willing to put in the work.
    Wes

2020 Skeeter ZX225
    netbait.com
    denalirods.com

6. Member

It's an older video, but it may help

7. Member
    From my point of view this video shows the NMEA and Helix but nothing to do with the motor which is the problem for me. Is there more parts for the motor so that you can get engine hours, water pressure, trim? I have yet to be able to duplicate the information he is getting on his unit. If anyone can provide assistance that would be very helpful.
    Wes

2020 Skeeter ZX225
    netbait.com
    denalirods.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotsum View Post
    I have a new ZX225 with NMEA and all i get is RPM and engine temp. I have been on the search for how to get more information delivered to my Birds and no one can provide any straight answers. I am feeling like its a waste of time and money. I hope you find this as a possible savings as i wish i knew what i know now and i would have saved a few hundred $.

Now if any one has straight answers i am open as i have spent the money and willing to put in the work.
    Im in the same situation as you Gotsum.

Just RPMs and Engine Temps on mine as well. Luckily, I had the dealer throw that on for free at the time of purchase. I know they probably added it somewhere in the numbers but i walked out the door feeling i got something out of them.

9. Member
    Below is the solution that has my unit working - hope this helps someone

My boat 2020 zx 225
    Helix 12’s

Equipment needed for my setup
    Humminbird network hub
    NEMA black box from humminbird
    NEMA starter kit
    NEMA cable to SHO

Setup nema network
    Connect nema black box to humminbird network and nema network Connect NEMA cable to a cable under the hood that was not in use with white cap on it on the left side of motor facing bow.

Power on humminbird network and helix

This is the pet that no one told me about Turn key on motor to start but don’t start it Next steps are all on the helix Go to NMEA data block view Press Menu - then menu again Choose Setup Select read outs Scroll to engine 1 Press check mark on helix Move between selections Same for gauge view

With the key turned on the data will start to be seen on the screen.

Again I am no pro and I have searched the internet and never saw these complete instructions.

I will say my motor did not need the Yamaha smart craft gauge to make nema work.

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldEditEdit in GingerEdit in Ginger×
    Wes

2020 Skeeter ZX225
    netbait.com
    denalirods.com