Kayak trolling motor battery box

Good evening gents,BE62456A-31FA-4449-BD2A-14B0105F02D7.gif

Recently I decided I would mount a trolling motor on my Malibu 2XL kayak which I bought at Capt. Kayak a few years back. Just thought it would be really cool to take the wife, or kid, out for a day of fishing. The thing tracks and paddles really nice, so I’d imagine the motor would make it a great ride.

Right now, I'm stuck in wiring my box with a few accessories. I believe I have the basic wiring down and I intend to register the kayak and ultimately test it on the water this week. Can someone lay me out with the wiring for accessories and more importantly the RC meter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    How much Current is the fuse block rated for? Can it handle the total current draw of all your devices? I would run 8 awg for all except the two wires to the USB I would run 14 to that and fuse at 15. You can do 16 awg and a 10 amp fuse. Put a 40 amp fuse in for the motor
    motor.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Thanks Team Doughtery,

Not quite sure yours or mine is correct. I already have a 60amp breaker right after the battery. I’m trying to figure out how to run an accessory line in there.