Thread: Bunk Boards

Bunk Boards

What are the dimensions of the bunk boards for a 462VS prior to installing the carpet?
    Also, what would a set of bunk boards cost if they came from Ranger?

2. Member
    I can only speak to my z21. My two 12 footers cost 67.09 a piece and the five footers cost 47.47, plus shipping. I also replaced the brackets on the underside.

I received everything from Ranger prior to them making all of the changes. Hopefully you can still get everything you need, good luck.

3. Member
    That’s interesting, I called Ranger today. Actually got a live body and she told me I couldn’t order them directly from Ranger I have to go threw a dealer. Which is fine assuming they truly will order them.

4. Member
    From my understanding they moved their trailer division and now have to go through a dealer or get aftermarket if you need something. The company is going through changes and thus far not for the the better. I called today and got a message that they were closed for the week. Called last week and was told I couldn't get parts because they were inventorying everything so they can be sold through BPS.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCV73 View Post
    From my understanding they moved their trailer division and now have to go through a dealer or get aftermarket if you need something. The company is going through changes and thus far not for the the better. I called today and got a message that they were closed for the week. Called last week and was told I couldn't get parts because they were inventorying everything so they can be sold through BPS.
    Not exactly sold through Bass Pro Shops: inventoried on the same computer system used by Bass Pro Shops’ parent company, White River Marine. As reported a month or so ago, Ranger trailers are now being assembled at EZ Loader, so any parts other than paint-matched fiberglass fenders will be at EZ Loader or, if a generic part used on many trailers, available at other sources such as trailer parts companies.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    As I anticipated the dealer I went to didn’t want to contact Ranger about the bunk boards and hardware. She wanted to sell me carpet and give guidance on making them myself. I want to go fishing not build bunk boards. I am willing to pay for items so it’s not about being cheap. Ultimately she agreed to email Ranger about the boards, hopefully she comes through. She warned me response times have been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by kjbock44 View Post
    As I anticipated the dealer I went to didn’t want to contact Ranger about the bunk boards and hardware. She wanted to sell me carpet and give guidance on making them myself. I want to go fishing not build bunk boards. I am willing to pay for items so it’s not about being cheap. Ultimately she agreed to email Ranger about the boards, hopefully she comes through. She warned me response times have been an issue.
    Time to find a NEW Dealer !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    The dealer just called back and said they received and email back from Ranger, she said because of the age of the boat the bunks where no longer available to order from Ranger. Like these are unique to the age of the boat, they are probably still using the same size bunks and mounting hardware today that they did 20 years ago. Guess I am going into the boat bunk production mode.

Based on all the "great" publicity Ranger is getting on the various forums I would guess it would to be safe to say that the value of a used Ranger, as well as new Ranger has substantially declined in the last few months and will only continue to freefall. Buyer beware you all.