Torsion axle issue- suggestions?

My spindle/hub arm got loose and skipped some splines, nearly allowing my tire to impact my fender. After some googling, I found that I should have been checking the torque on the bolt that holds the arm on. I believe that both my arm and the axle are shot. The inside portion of splines on both are flattened severely in a quarter of their contact area.
    Attached are some pics. Am I correct that they are trashed? I can't just retorque it? I have no one that works on trailers locally that I would trust their opinion. One guy commented on the BassCat forum that he thought the axle splines looked OK, which the outside portion does, but the inside portion is a different matter.
    These are on a 2012 BassCat trailer with a Cougar on it. Opinions? Suggestions?
    image0 (2).jpegimage1 (1).jpeg

2. Member
    Just from the looks I would replace them both. Yes they look trashed

3. mikesxpress
    Bryan they need to be replaced. Not enough spline left to mechanically retain them in a fixed position. Immediate fix would be to assess the optimum position, clamp the arm on the spindle, and weld it. It's very rare that an average boat owner ever has to fool with this part of the trailer.

4. Member
    I'm with Mike on the welding.

5. Member
    Isn't that trailing arm bolted to the splines, which are mounted in rubber? Has anyone ever welded the arm back on? Sounds messy.

6. mikesxpress
    Could be messy if you don't do the welding in short increments as to not degrade the torsion rubber. One cannot list everything "to do" on reparations like this.

If you pulled the spark plug wire to shut off your lawn mower twice, don't attempt this repair....

7. Member
    Better have all your seals, spacers if any etc. installed before you strike an arc because there's no going back. It's a one time good deal.