HDS Live with 3-in-1 and in Hull Transducer

I have a HDS Live 12 with a 3-in-1 Transducer and an in hull transducer. I would like to use my in hull to display the depth on my overlay on my full screen chart but use the sonar from the 3-in-1 on all sonar screens.

In the past I was able to set my data source for depth to CH1 (my in hull transducer) but for it to display the depth on the overlay I had to create a custom page with 2 sonar panels, panel 1 was my in hull and panel 2 was my 3-in-1. This worked but lately as soon as I go to my full chart screen I loose my depth overlay and get dashes.

Someone must have the same setup and able to use their in hull transducer as the source for depth overlay but still have the 3-in-1 be the source for all sonar pages to get a better reading? Any help is very appreciated.

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Just edit your overlay and select the in hull as the source for depth (you may need to touch the blue circle at the right side and select show devices in order to see all your sources).

Label Channel 1 as in hull and Channel 2 as 3n1

On your sonar screens, just select 3n1 as the source. The chart will remain locked to in hull.

R
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

Well that helps me understand a little more on my setup! Thanks Rbarrow! I kept switching my ducer option between different custom pages
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    Just edit your overlay and select the in hull as the source for depth (you may need to touch the blue circle at the right side and select show devices in order to see all your sources).

Label Channel 1 as in hull and Channel 2 as 3n1

On your sonar screens, just select 3n1 as the source. The chart will remain locked to in hull.

R
    When I select the in hull as my overlay source I get dashes unless my panel 1 sonar is also using the in hull as a source. This means I have to change my sonar source every time I move.

5. Member
    You need to be sure Multisource is turned on. Pages, Settings, Sonar, Multisource. I don't believe it's possible to have the digital readout from one source and the sonar view from another. In the Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources menu, under the Sonar tab, set Scope to Local. Then for Depth select the in-hull. Then exit out to a Sonar screen. Bring up the menu and under Source select Channel 2. I don't think that will work but you can give it a try. You can view two sonar sources on a Live but you can't have two sonar sources on the same pane. Which is essentially what you are trying to do. I think with two sources you do have to specify every time you want to change. As far as I know, the Broadband 2D sonar in an AI and a PD is exactly the same. So the only difference between the two will be the very slight degradation of the signal from passing through the hull. And that is so slight, it would take an expert to see that difference.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    You need to be sure Multisource is turned on. Pages, Settings, Sonar, Multisource. I don't believe it's possible to have the digital readout from one source and the sonar view from another. In the Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources menu, under the Sonar tab, set Scope to Local. Then for Depth select the in-hull. Then exit out to a Sonar screen. Bring up the menu and under Source select Channel 2. I don't think that will work but you can give it a try. You can view two sonar sources on a Live but you can't have two sonar sources on the same pane. Which is essentially what you are trying to do. I think with two sources you do have to specify every time you want to change. As far as I know, the Broadband 2D sonar in an AI and a PD is exactly the same. So the only difference between the two will be the very slight degradation of the signal from passing through the hull. And that is so slight, it would take an expert to see that difference.

NoCAL
    I was able to do this before the last update which is strange. I did have to create a custom page with 2 sonar panels and each time I turned the unit on I would have to go to the custom page so that both ducers would ping then it worked perfect all day. The reason I want it to work this way is just for fish reveal. Fish reveal is off with the 2 different transducer locations where it is nice and crisp if I use the 2D from the 3-in-1.