John at Jones Trolling Motor, I have a question....

I have a minn Kota power drive v2. The petal has quit turning right. Can I just buy a board or only a complete new pedal?

Just wondering.....
    Thanks
    Tim D.

2. Member
    It could be the board or it could be the pedal. A 2nd pedal would answer that question.

3. Member
    You are unlikely to get John on all postings. He sold the business and the name. I have seen a different style of writing on responses from Jones' Trolling Motor lately. I may be wrong, but that's my take on it.

4. Member
    At the time I sold, you could get either the board or the foorpedal complete. I carried the foorpedal complete bad a matter of savings. The board was almost a much as the foorpedal, you still had to install it and hope that worn parts in your foorpedal isn't the issue.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You are unlikely to get John on all postings. He sold the business and the name. I have seen a different style of writing on responses from Jones' Trolling Motor lately. I may be wrong, but that's my take on it.
    You're correct my friend. While I don't have any connections to MinnKota any longer, I don't know what the shop stocks and I'm out of the loop on new stuff, still can answer questions on the older units. The new guys are monitoring their FB page, Jones Trollingmotor and electronics. I don't know if they will maintain the sponsorship or not. I'm still around for what help I can be.

6. Member
    I know I went through few of these foot pedals back on my last boat. I also had luck tightening up them a bit by taking them apart, cleaning and adding very low grit sandpaper near the contacts. But this was only a 50/50 solution and often had to buy new.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    You're correct my friend. While I don't have any connections to MinnKota any longer, I don't know what the shop stocks and I'm out of the loop on new stuff, still can answer questions on the older units. The new guys are monitoring their FB page, Jones Trollingmotor and electronics. I don't know if they will maintain the sponsorship or not. I'm still around for what help I can be.
    Hi and glad to see you.