Detroit River BFL Lodging

I've signed up as a Co-Angler for the two Detroit River BFLs in August (15th and 16th). Assuming I get in from the wait list or find a link, I'll be coming in from Oklahoma and was wondering if you could give me some lodging recommendations for somewhere close to the take off. We'll be launching out of the Elizabeth Park Marina in Trenton, MI. I mentioned it to a boater I drew over the weekend and he said to make sure I pick a hotel in a safe area. So I'm looking for suggestions from locals with knowledge of the area, and any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    My fishing buddies and I always stay at the Red Roof Inn in Trenton. Seems ok and some pretty good food nearby. Been there about 6 times , no issues.

Trenton, Brownstown, Gibraltor, Flat Rock, Woodhaven, Riverview are all safe areas. Just stay away from Detroit and the cities butted up to it.

4. Member
    Thanks eriedude and LennyB for the responses, much appreciated.

Best Western, Woodhaven is where I try to stay.

Oh man. I fished BFL for one year. For the life of me, I am not sure why they keep going back to the Detroit River.

I can't recall the name of the place I stayed but it looked good from the outside. When I checked in, there was a syringe on the lobby floor. I took all my rods in from the truck and locked the loose door as best as I could. They did have a couple restaurants in the parking lot which was nice. When I went to check out at 3 in the morning, the receptionist had her boyfriend there behind the desk doing something I didn't want to see. When I walked out, there was a car with tinted windows thumping to some music. A guy jumps out of the car and yells at me "HEY! You are taking me fishing" as I am carrying $2,000 in gear. Thankfully I was able to throw my stuff in the truck and get out of there. I thought for sure I was going to get jacked. Where ever you go, if there is a syringe on the lobby floor, leave.