Shimano Conquest 842s spinning rod review

This rod is hard to put down.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

2. Member
    Hey PunchFishing, I like your videos. I think you provide the best rod reviews on YouTube. I found out about you through BBCBoards. I wanted to ask you since you own a lot of rods, do you find the Conquest to be more sensitive than the Legend X? If so, is it a significant difference?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pond King View Post
    Hey PunchFishing, I like your videos. I think you provide the best rod reviews on YouTube. I found out about you through BBCBoards. I wanted to ask you since you own a lot of rods, do you find the Conquest to be more sensitive than the Legend X? If so, is it a significant difference?
    Thanks for the kind words! Its very much appreciated.

The action is WAY different, the Legend X spinning rod has a super soft tip. As far as sensitivity I'd say they are pretty much on par. Its so hard to distinguish what's better when you get into flaghip rods. They are (usually) all really good. I think the important question is...is the conquest $300 more sensitive than the Legend X? The answer is definitely no.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Moderator
    I just moved 3 NRXs to make room for 2 of these (and a 782s for creeks) and have not been able to use them yet!! Killin me. My biggest curiosity will be the bend test/action difference in the CNQ 842s vs. the NRX 852s and how that translates.
    Steve