Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    When my boat was new dealer installed my poles by bolting them to the transom. I didn't think they were holding as well as I thought they should so I got some sandwich brackets and was very pleased with the way the poles held, until my transom cracked. Should've checked with them before using those brackets. I guess it's the extra torque they impose on the transom. Alweld said they would fix the boat if brought it back to Arkansas since it was out of warrantee. I just had a local welder fix the crack and put a plate on to redistribute the torque. The pic shows the crack and where the dealer originally installed the poles.
    Attachment 418325
    I don’t understand how the torque on the transom is much different whether they are placed on the sandwich bracket, direct to transom, or on a jackplate.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I don’t understand how the torque on the transom is much different whether they are placed on the sandwich bracket, direct to transom, or on a jackplate.
    i agree. I don’t see how it causes issues on a glass boat if properly torqued down/installed properly.

Which glass bass boat brands allow or don’t allow the use of a sandwich bracket? In other words, which brands will void your hull warranty if you use a sandwich bracket?
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    i agree. I don’t see how it causes issues on a glass boat if properly torqued down/installed properly.

Which glass bass boat brands allow or don’t allow the use of a sandwich bracket? In other words, which brands will void your hull warranty if you use a sandwich bracket?
    Pretty sure all mercury motors.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    a mercury motor under warranty is the only stipulation as far as sandwich mount brackets go. Ranger RT and triton tin rigs are predrilled for special ranger/ triton bracket avialable from Power Pole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12