2017 FX20 LE Installing Hyd Jackplate

Read in another post but can't find it..........did Skeeter halt using 3M 5200 adhesive at some point? If so when? Have read it's a PIA to remove the original with 5200. Want to remove the factory and install a Bob's 12" Thx

2. Member
    I would like to know as well, when i bought my boat from Wieda’s marine they would not install a hydro plate because of the sealant used from the factory. They told me to find a dealer that didn’t know what they were getting into Incase they damaged the fiberglass the dealership would be responsible to fix it. I just left the manual one on

3. Member
    I have a 2017 my dealer put a hydraulic plate on it with no issue or damage
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

4. Member
    I just went to a Bob's 12 in Action jack on my 06 ZX225 I put The white marine sealer on the bolts and inside And out All your Doing is sealing Water out. Years ago all I did was use silicone.

5. Member
    Be careful , when i changed my jackplate they did some damage to the gelcoat.

7. Member
    Oh boy. I’m having a Marine shop install a 12” Atlas Monday. Now I’m worried. Didn’t know anything about 3m 5200. Now gotta decide do I prewar them or see what happens? Funny I bought my boat from Weida Marine as well!
    2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi Limited
    Skeeter ZX225
    2 Lowrance 12” Carbons
    1 Lowrance 9” Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Yamaha 225/ Hydro Tec/ 25-T1 SHO prop/ 83mph
    2-8’ Power Poles
    12” Black Atlas Jack

I want to say that they stopped using it by 2017, but don't quote me on that. It would be best to ask a Skeeter dealer. My 2015 still had it.

The dealer I got mine from said that they can pull the boat-transom bolts out, and lift the entire back end of the boat and trailer off the ground with an engine hoist. The only thing holding the jackplate on, was is the 3M 5200. So yes, they damage the gel coat when removing the jackplate. Luckily, there was a fiberglass guy close by that was able to repair mine. It's not something I would recommend anyone try doing themselves. The dealer I bought my boat from was nice enough to pay for the fiberglass repair.

All that said, it was well worth it to get the Bob's.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225