Thoughts on Garmin Set-up

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2006 Alumacraft Dominator 165CS with an old Hummingbird 525 which I would like to replace with a Garmin Echomap Ultra 126sv with Livescope. I plan to add a second unit in the future and network the two together. However, until then I would like to also be able to use the unit at the bow when fishing. Is it possible to just purchase a second cradle and move the unit between the two when I transition between the console and the bow? If so, how would that be set-up? My other thought is to find/create a mount at the console which can raise the unit and turn it around to be viewed from the bow. The boat is small enough that the distance wouldn't be an issue; however, I would need to turn around to view the screen and have to readjust the mount everytime I transition. I know both options are not ideal, but prefer the two cradle option. I also considered just going with a smaller screen and using the savings to purchase two smaller units vice the 12"; however, I prefer the larger screen as my eyes are not as good as they once were. I appreciate your thoughts and advice.

2. Member
    The transducers connect directly to the unit, so you'd have to move those as well every time you swapped cradles. Not impossible, but not really practical either. Two units that are networked is likely the better option.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Add to what JM said, you would have to buy extra network cables, gms 10 network hub, etc. to be able to see LS up front also....yes just more than buying a additional cradle.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    JM/Couillon...thank you both. I was hoping it might be as simple as some sort of y-cable to run to both cradles, but wasn't too optimistic. Guess I will reassess my priorities between screen size, cost and practicality.

5. Member
    Realistically you COULD do two cradles without much hassle. Hear me out

gt54uhd transducer mounted at transom. Connected to console cradle.

lvs 32 and gls10 connected to the bow cradle.
    us2 sonar from trolling motor (assuming your bow mount has this capability) attached to the bow cradle

then you could switch back and forth. BUT changing settings is going to be a minor pain. But do able
    Last edited by bronzebacksmb; 07-02-2020 at 12:44 PM.

6. Member
    Bronzeback...unfortunately, my trolling motor is an older MK w/o us2. I guess I could either purchase a separate transducer to mount on the TM for the bow cradle or just run the lvs 32 on the front. I'm new to the modern electronics, so not completely sure what capabilities I need/want at both locations. Leaning towards doing as you suggest with just the LVS32 upfront for now and then network a second unit in the future. Thanks.

7. Member
    Ya just strap another transducer to the front one for now. As long as it’s 12 pin or adapted to 12 pin you’ll be golden