Ulterra won't deploy

I had a mass of weeds on my prop and had to stow it to get them off. It was almost fully stowed when it stopped, I assume because of the weeds.
    Cleared the weeds and it wouldn't stow or deploy. After yanking on it a bit while pressing stow it stowed.
    Now when I hit deploy it moves a bit and beeps. If I pull on it while holding the button it will deploy.
    I tried resetting it. Power off, then on. Press power button 3 times in 2 seconds and nothing.
    Any ideas?
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

2. Member
    Put it on the charger for a while, That is a symptom of a low battery voltage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    I had a mass of weeds on my prop and had to stow it to get them off. It was almost fully stowed when it stopped, I assume because of the weeds.
    Cleared the weeds and it wouldn't stow or deploy. After yanking on it a bit while pressing stow it stowed.
    Now when I hit deploy it moves a bit and beeps. If I pull on it while holding the button it will deploy.
    I tried resetting it. Power off, then on. Press power button 3 times in 2 seconds and nothing.
    Any ideas?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Sounds like it is sensing resistance. Anything still stuck? Hindsight 20/20 if possible next time trim all the way up and clear before trying to stow.

4. Member
    Thanks guys.
    Battery was fully charged 1/2 hour before, but I'll bring it to full charge and see.
    I can't see any weeds stuck in there.
    Is it possible the belt got stretched because of the weight of the weeds?
    It is strange that I cannot reset the stow/deploy settings. I really thing this would solve it.
    Funny how if I pull up on it it will deploy down.
    1997 Ranger 692VS

5. Member
    The lift belt tension is an easy adjustment if you have a torque driver you can set at 10"lbs. That is not very tight, so if you don't have the driver just snug is all you want to do. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Update guys.
    It's deploying fine now. Must have been a weed or something stuck in there.
    1997 Ranger 692VS