2018 Mercury 150 Pro XS Help

Had my Nitro die on me the other day 10 miles out on Lake Huron (Charity Island), after a really long day I have the boat home.

The situation, boat ran fine. 43 hours on the motor. I recently added gas the night before. I was sight fishing smallies on boulders and killed my motor quickly. It never started again.

Fuse is fine, boat gets the beep, turns over but does not start. Changed plugs last night (gapped correctly). Still doesn't start. Locally I can't get my boat in for 3 weeks. Looking for some help. Video is of motor after the plug change.

Any help is welcome, I bought this boat last year and had a stroke the day I brought it home. So all the info they gave me on handling this motor is totally scrambled.

https://vimeo.com/user118694603/review/434029308/b3d16db276

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Your post will get moved because your motor is not a 3 liter, I take it you already confirmed the kill switch?

3. Member
    thanks.

mods please move. I need to wear my readers more....

confirmed the kill switch

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have you pumped the primer bulb until FIRM, and have you CHARGED and LOAD TESTED your cranking battery?

BTW... your video cannot be reached.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Don-

Thank you for the reply.

No leaks with the bulb test. I sent the video via email to you also so you can see it (not sure why Vimeo isn't showing it)

No fuel smell after I replaced the plugs.

Battery is under 5 months old, always charged. I will load test it but it should be 100%

Did I get a bad tank of gas ?

Thanks-
    John

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would be checking the belt, tensioner, and then the GEAR LUBE. If nothing is found there, spark plug inspection would be next (at this point you might really want to get your dealer involved).

That video makes me think you have some rotating component that is very close to seizing up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks for taking the time to watch it. I made an appointment with my local Tracker service for July 10th (earliest I could get in. I'll post back what they find. You have me worried with the word seize. It's under warranty hopefully it isn't something I did though.

Is it a struggle for you getting parts due to Covid down there also ? My shop said everything is delayed.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this, one of the nicer deeds I have seen in a while. My folks and younger siblings live on Lake Murray so maybe I will check out the shop on my next drive down..

Thanks again,
    John

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Parts availability has been a challenge (more-so this season than normal). Considering the number of vendors that were shut down for weeks, this is not surprising.