Lowrance Ghost Course Lock

Good Morning,

I just helped my buddy install a ghost on his boat. I was thinking potentially upgrading as I have lowrance carbon units but after using his on the water for a day I am changing my mind. I have an ultrex on my boat and really enjoy the feature where I can turn on the constant on button as well as the heading lock and troll along that route at any given speed. On the ultrex the heading can be adjusted at any point with the foot pedal. On the ghost, once the heading is set it seems it can only be adjusted with the MFD or the remote. When you move the pedal the motor shuts off. I find this to be really annoying. I know you can create routes and use the auto pilot to go along that route but if you are fishing and just want to do everything with the pedal this would be a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know a way to disable this or another way around it?

Thanks.

2. Member
    Nope, that is how it works.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Bummer. That is really disappointing.

4. Member
    Hopefully a future update will fix that

5. Member
    You can do "goto cursor" for a quick straight route, much better than the heading lock, because it will not just keep direction but actually stay on the route. At least that's what I do with my Xi5.

6. Member
    Coming from a ultrex I completely agree.

I have adapted fairly well though.

I do have the remote also which does let me jog a little left or right as I am going but I am not fond of having extra stuff in my hands or on me if avoidable.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

I just simply steer to the newly desired course and tap the motor on andcourse lock buttons. I think this is one of those things that is just a matter of what you get used to.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175