Need advice from Mainers'

We are looking to move to Maine and want to have some kind of water access. We are looking in the I-95 corridor from Portland to Augusta. A bit off the path is fine if it means having the water access. I have been in contact with a broker and I was up to Windsor and West Gardiner last Thursday to look at a couple of houses. One factor that we would like is to have some health facilities within reasonable distance along with shopping. Thanks For the help!
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    Use to live in Sabattus and it was a quite little town with lakes in every direction. Lewiston and Auburn are close for shopping and medical. Only reason I left was I found out I hate cold weather and shoveling snow.

3. Member
    Great, just what we need--anutha Mazzhole!

J/K

Seriously, though, your parameters are still a little broad. Are you retired? What's a reasonable drive? 30 minutes? Sounds like maybe you're already familiar with the Belgrade Lakes area just on the edge of your search range. You might also consider looking at river frontage for smallmouth fishing (the Kennebec for example). Once you get north of Waterville, Bangor is the medical and shopping hub for just about everything after that but there are a lot of lakes and ponds within 30 minutes of Bangor that would be a lot less money than Augusta south.

Al Look at the area from Shapleigh north up along the NH border. Tons of water and Portland not far at all. Lots of medical facilities in Scarborough, which is where most people end up getting treatment.

Respect your Elders BP! LOL

Been going to the Northern Rally when I can and and yes I'm retired. I'm familiar with Wilson, Torsay, Cobbee etc. Would like to be around there. I know there's a great medical facility in Vassalboro right off I-95. You mentioned the Kennebec, there happens to be a house in Clinton for sale that I may look at.

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Great, just what we need--anutha Mazzhole!

J/K

Seriously, though, your parameters are still a little broad. Are you retired? What's a reasonable drive? 30 minutes? Sounds like maybe you're already familiar with the Belgrade Lakes area just on the edge of your search range. You might also consider looking at river frontage for smallmouth fishing (the Kennebec for example). Once you get north of Waterville, Bangor is the medical and shopping hub for just about everything after that but there are a lot of lakes and ponds within 30 minutes of Bangor that would be a lot less money than Augusta south.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Respect your Elders BP! LOL

Been going to the Northern Rally when I can and and yes I'm retired. I'm familiar with Wilson, Torsay, Cobbee etc. Would like to be around there. I know there's a great medical facility in Vassalboro right off I-95. You mentioned the Kennebec, there happens to be a house in Clinton for sale that I may look at.
    GIT HIM AL !!!!!!

7. Member
    Maybe the gray area easy access to rt 26 & I95 kinda gives both ends of the spectrum. I live about 40 minutes north but by choice I want to be away from things and people lol.
    2002 Triton 200xp 225 Evinrude

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Use to live in Sabattus and it was a quite little town with lakes in every direction. Lewiston and Auburn are close for shopping and medical. Only reason I left was I found out I hate cold weather and shoveling snow.
    I shot a Huge Buck in Sabbattus once. I was hunting on this guys property with him. I believe his last name was Robitille

Maine, awesome fishing, even Sabbattus Pond. In the 10 years that I was there, I was flipped off twice on the road while driving and both vehicles had Mass. plates..... There is plenty of great fishing in the corridor you mentioned, Damariscotta Lake Pleasant Pond , Sebago Lake Androscoggin River, Messalonski Lake

Spanky

Al , If you want to escape Mass then move up around Bangor. Its getting crowed around the Portland area up to Augusta. Waterville north at least.
    Proud Army Dad

Quote Originally Posted by marinetechnician View Post
    Al , If you want to escape Mass then move up around Bangor. Its getting crowed around the Portland area up to Augusta. Waterville north at least.
    Gotta agree with this....He's spot on....

Spanky

I would still be in Brunswick if they wouldn't have closed BNAS...

Spanky

13. Banned
    I know all waterfront property prices are being jacked up because all the mass holes and New Yorkers are fleeing there COVID plagued hell holes.

Oakland or Waterville is where I'd go if I moved back. The area around Calais is great too but major shopping is a pretty good drive over to Bangor.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    I know all waterfront property prices are being jacked up because all the mass holes and New Yorkers are fleeing there COVID plagued hell holes.
    not much Covid where I am. But, I'm not a Mass hole either. They're in Cambridge

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Oakland or Waterville is where I'd go if I moved back. The area around Calais is great too but major shopping is a pretty good drive over to Bangor.
    Calais is waaay down there. Lots of dumb bass and trout though. Unfortunately the hospital is kinda like a taco stand with a nurse and a Boy Scout sharing a first aid kit.