Shimano Expride 7'3 XH vs Poison Adrena 7'4H

Does anybody have any opinion on the differences between these two? My Expride 7'3XH is out for warranty replacement but is on back order. I purchased the rod for heaving frogging and light punching based on others reviews. The expride with it's XH rating is rated 1/2-2OZ while the Poison Adrena 7'4H is rated from 3/8 - 2oz which is a huge range. I have an opportunity to replace the expride with the adrena due to the adrena being in stock.expride73eh.JPGPA74H.JPG What I don't want is rod that's similar to my 7'2H adrena, I'm looking for that extra power.

2. Member
    I have all 3 of those rods- the Expride, and the 7-2 and 7-4 Adrenas. In my opinion, all 3 rods fish differently. The 7-3xh Expride is hands down the best frog rod I've ever used. It is MADE to be a frog rod, and also serves well as a short pitching rod. The 7-2h Adrena I primarily use as a jig rod, but I have tried it with frogs also and it should work well for that if you're in a pinch, or you just want one rod to do more with. The 7-4h Adrena is a pretty special rod. It has a slower taper than the 7-2h, and fishes quite differently. I wouldn't use it as a frog rod, though. It serves well for 5"-6" soft swimbaits, and it's a killer swimjig rod. I've also used it for pitching/punching t-rigged creatures and jigs, and also small a-rigs like the g funk. A lot of people say the 7-3mh Adrena is the most versatile rod in the Adrena line up, but I think the 7-4 heavy is just as versatile. It's just a couple power levels above the 7-3. It's sensitive and has plenty of backbone to pull fish out of cover and boat flip em, and it handles moving baits exceptionally well.

Honestly, if the 7-3xh is backordered, it's well worth the wait in my opinion if your primary use for it is frogs. I don't think that Expride rod can be matched at all for frogs.