Relocating to the Panhandle

Good Morning,

Looks like I will be relocating to the Destin / Pensacola area, I'm not familiar with the waters up that way so was wondering what are good lakes to hit for bass up that way.

Also thinking of trading my Triton in on a flats or bay style boat that I can do some fishing in the bays and bayous as well as bass fishing.

Ideas and thoughts welcome.

Thanks
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

2. Member
    Seminole and the Alabama River are the only ones I know within reasonable driving with good bass fishing. Locals might know more, but tidal water usually only has small bass.

3. Member
    Check out deer point lake near Panama City, and lake wimico near port st. Joe both are good numbers lake if you like catching lots of fish. Not a lot of big fish but both are good lakes anytime of the year. Definitely would recommend a bay boat for this area too much good saltwater and tidal fishing to not do it. Get about a 20ft cc and you can do it all.

4. Member
    From Destin any good bass fishing will be at least an hour away. Pensacola you'll have Escambia, Blackwater and Tensaw rivers near by which have decent to good bass fishing. I highly recommend you pursue getting the flats boat, there's incredible inshore fishing in that area and a flats/ bay boat would allow you to pursue both fresh and salt.

Thanks for the replies and the info, I love the boat I have now but figured a change would be best for that area.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

6. Member
    I fished out of a 22 bay ranger for years. Fished both stripper and bass. Works great for bass, but significantly different.

1. Harder to get in tight spots with trolling motor. Did not maneuver as well.
    2. Catches more wind due to higher profile.
    3. Different rod storage. Vertical—I like it better.
    4. Toes heavier.
    5. Set up for salt , so you can fish both.
    6. Rough water is NO issue.
    7. Better visibility because you are standing.
    8. Different cockpit. You will either love it or hate it.
    9. Can take more people. I did quite a bit of tubing with grand kids.

aquatraction2.jpg

Bullet 22SF is what i have. I love it for both salt and fresh. I am a lifelong bass fisherman that loves to chase redfish a couple times a year. I will be down in Port St Joe next week. Planning to hit up lake wimico at least one day. My focus will mostly be on trout and reds in the bay.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    I bass fish Pensacola regularly in escambia and blackwater/yellow rivers. It’s pretty tough. If you aren’t on the river regularly and have these fish patterned out then you will struggle.I’d trade it for a flats boat. There is some serious inshore fishing opportunities in Pensacola.