Solix reboot problem

Hey guys so I have a Solix 12 G2. Its only couple months old and I have been having this issues since new. It has gone from my old boat to my now new boat and still having same issue. Hoping for some insight.

When I power on unit SI will not show any feedback. Everything else works just fine. I can reboot and same issue. Usually after a couple reboots the si will start to transmit and it will work flawless the entire day from then on. Any idea what could be causing this?

2. Member
    This sounds really close to my experience with my Solix 10 G2 - just as recently as today. I get the exact same feedback as you, everything is flawless, but the first time I go to SI, just a black screen. What I've done to correct it, is simply toggle the frequency it's scanning at. Mine is set to MEGA by default. I find that if I tap the frequency selection, and switch to one of the other frequencies, I get data right away. If I tap again, switch back to MEGA, I'm golden, runs perfectly. I haven't rebooted like you have to get it working, so maybe it's an initialization/timing thing? I'm pretty sure we're seeing the same thing, so hopefully toggling the frequency will save you the reboot time. I can't help with why we get it in the first place, but this quick fix has worked for me.
    Last edited by coftedal; 06-30-2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Added G2 for model clarity

Quote Originally Posted by coftedal View Post
    This sounds really close to my experience with my Solix 10 G2 - just as recently as today. I get the exact same feedback as you, everything is flawless, but the first time I go to SI, just a black screen. What I've done to correct it, is simply toggle the frequency it's scanning at. Mine is set to MEGA by default. I find that if I tap the frequency selection, and switch to one of the other frequencies, I get data right away. If I tap again, switch back to MEGA, I'm golden, runs perfectly. I haven't rebooted like you have to get it working, so maybe it's an initialization/timing thing? I'm pretty sure we're seeing the same thing, so hopefully toggling the frequency will save you the reboot time. I can't help with why we get it in the first place, but this quick fix has worked for me.
    I will have to try that. Thats alot easier than rebooting.

4. Member
    Yeah, it's worked for my dealer, the day we took the boat home during our float test, and any other time I've needed to do it, its worked.

To be clear, what I'm doing:
    1. Switch to full SI chart view - this will basically be displaying black boxes
    2. In the upper leftish side of this view, tap on the word MEGA
    3. In the little drop list that shows, choose one of the other two frequencies and close
    4. You should now have data immediately filling the black boxes that existed before
    5. Repeat the tap and switch back to MEGA

You may have already surmised these steps, but I'm a software quality engineer, and my days are spent listing exactly what I did to repro bugs, so it carries over into daily life! Also, since there are many settings, didn't want you to think you had to do it through a sources setting or some other menu. These steps can all be done right from the SI view.
    Last edited by coftedal; 06-30-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

5. Member
    mine does the same thing and this fix or workaround solves the problem till the next time. hopefully they will have a software update that corrects this.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

6. Member
    My Solix G2 also starting doing the same thing nothing on si screen for a while.If I keep changing settings it will start sometime during the day quite a hassle.

7. Member
    I hope you guys are telling HB about this. If not, it won't get fixed.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    I just reported it now via their humminbird.com/contact page.

Quote Originally Posted by coftedal View Post
    I just reported it now via their humminbird.com/contact page.
    I will report mine as well

10. Member
    Mine has also been reported

11. Member
    Humminbird did get back to me and suggested that I restore defaults of all sonar settings.

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I recently started having the same issue on my Solix 15 SI+ G2. I just go to my power settings and disable sonar pinging and then turn it back on and all works fine until the next time I reboot the unit. I haven't tried any of the above suggestions but may give it a try next time, although my process gets it working pretty quickly.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Humminbird did get back to me and suggested that I restore defaults of all sonar settings.
    That's always going to be their response. Of course, then you have to go back and fine tune everything again and ensure that all your settings get put back like they were... A real pain!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers