Starboard side fuel issue

When I switch to starboard fuel tank I run out of fuel. Do you think I may be sucking air somewhere and losing prime. When I switch to port no problems. I've tightened all clamps but haven't had a chance to check it yet. Thanks

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Sounds like you are losing prime or you have a blockage in the line.

3. Member
    Well, I tightened all the clamps, still not getting fuel. Decided to pull the line at the switch and hooked up primer hose to see if i could pump out some fuel. Fuel came out after the 3 gallons of water in the tank. I wonder if it couldn't get enough fuel pressure to pull up because of the water. I've got all the water out of the tank, I have to say the boat has set for along time due to motor issues. will fill tank with good fuel and try to prime that tank to see if it works. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    If the boat has set, and you have water in the tank, I would change out all of the fuel lines while you are at it and add an inline fuel/water separator.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear about the water. In most boats you can remove the fuel sender and insert a rag to get all the water completely out.