518vx Console Switches

Can anyone give me a list of the console switches pictured below? Mine aren’t labeled or have faded. I need to get new ones and switch them over to the new console panel I bought from Ashmore Marine but I don’t know what they control because I’ve been working on the boat since I got it and have the power shut off. 2000 518vx Comanche. I numbered the switches for easy listing starting from top to bottom. I think they’re Carling rockers and I know some are on/off while others are on/off/on. Also if anyone has replaced the exact ones I have I would love to hear about it. I already have a new livewell timer knob and livewell control valve ready to go. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just recently purchased all the same switches from Ranger, and bought the backing plate/switch panel from a member on BBC. I will look tomorrow after work and get you the information.
    I have 2001 520DVX, has exact same switches.
    The one's from Ranger were embossed as my original ones were.
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

3. Member
    Awesome! Thanks guy.

4. Member
    I dug out each rocker switch today and hooked them up they way they were in the panel. First I want to know if I'm right about each switch and what it goes to - the person that owned this boat before me had done some weird things to this boat in other areas so I just want to know if the wiring and connections look correct. The manual shows things a little different, but I know that is common sometimes as to different options same year boats can come with. As I originally posted I will show pictures of rocker switches and their connections and what I believe them to be and I'll do it by the numbers I listed above. Let me know if you see anything wrong. Thanks.

5. Member
    Livewell Timer Switch
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (607.5 KB, 54 views)

6. Member
    Rocker Switch #8 - Starboard Livewell Aer (or both Livewell Aer?) - on/off/on switch

And does the Brown/Yellow jump off the previous switch? Look at next pictures where there's a missing connection. I'm thinking that being an on/off/on switch that one side "on" Aerates the Starboard and the other "on" side Aerates the Port side and that the Brown/Yellow does jump off the #7 switch. The manual has me all confused lol.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (380.7 KB, 39 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (368.2 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (359.0 KB, 23 views)
    Last edited by JohnnyMustang; 06-30-2020 at 04:58 PM.

7. Member
    Rocker Switch #7 - Navigation Lights (or Port Aer as stated in Manual) - on/off/on switch

And does the Brown/Yellow on 7B background connect to this switch's empty space?
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (380.5 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (393.1 KB, 11 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (377.6 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (380.6 KB, 13 views)

8. Member
    Rocker Switch #6 - Bilge Manual - on/off switch
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (398.4 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (412.4 KB, 8 views)

9. Member
    Rocker Switch #5 - Bilge Auto - on/off switch

10. Member
    Rocker Switch #4 - Horn - on/off switch

11. Member
    Rocker Switch #3 - Interior Lights? Navigation Lights? - on/off switch

12. Member
    Rocker Switch #2 - Fuel Tank Level Switch - on/off/on switch - This one is right I know.

13. Member
    Rocker Switch #1 - Blank Unconnected Accessories Switch - on/off switch NOT PICTURED.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMustang View Post
    Livewell Timer Switch
    Correct

FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

Sending you a pm , I will text you all my pictures I have, that way you can print them out and compare them.
    I think it would be easier than trying to explain.
    Plus I am color blind.

FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

16. Member
    I just ordered the switch panel from Ashmore Marine. The shop that's doing my repower has to rewire the switch panel and told me today that if I can get the panel delivered they'll hold off on the rewire until I get it to them. Hopefully the USPS Priority Express gets it to me either tomorrow or early enough on Friday so I can run it up to the shop. I'm going to be ordering the dash panel in the near future once I see what holes I need cut. I'm getting the Merc Monitor Eco Gauge that should eliminate the need for all the other OEM gauges. I'll probably eventually get the bow panel from AMP as well but for now, the panel I fabricated from sheet metal and sprayed with flex seal is holding up pretty good.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbtvet View Post
    I just ordered the switch panel from Ashmore Marine. The shop that's doing my repower has to rewire the switch panel and told me today that if I can get the panel delivered they'll hold off on the rewire until I get it to them. Hopefully the USPS Priority Express gets it to me either tomorrow or early enough on Friday so I can run it up to the shop. I'm going to be ordering the dash panel in the near future once I see what holes I need cut. I'm getting the Merc Monitor Eco Gauge that should eliminate the need for all the other OEM gauges. I'll probably eventually get the bow panel from AMP as well but for now, the panel I fabricated from sheet metal and sprayed with flex seal is holding up pretty good.
    I got the same Ashmore switch panel. Waiting to get the wiring scheme correct on the Aerator and navigation light switches and order all new switches before I install it. And what do you mean by repower? Are you talking about having all new fresh wiring run through your boat, to livewells, bilges, navigation lights, etc? If that’s what you’re talking about, PM me the cost of doing that. Thanks.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMustang View Post
    And what do you mean by repower? Are you talking about having all new fresh wiring run through your boat, to livewells, bilges, navigation lights, etc? If that’s what you’re talking about, PM me the cost of doing that. Thanks.
    I'm getting a new motor. The boat originally had an Evinrude Ficht 175 that died back in March and left me stranded on the lake. I was going to get an Evinrude G2 but thanks to BRP (parent company of Evinrude) they are no longer building outboards. I'm now getting a Mercury Pro xs 200. My boat has been at the shop now for 3 weeks. They've got all the rigging done and just waiting on the motor, should be next week, hopefully.

The G2 was going to cost $20k, the Pro xs came in at under $17k so I decided on getting a jack plate and have them install the Talons that I was going to do myself and will still be less than what the G2 was going to cost.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

19. Member
    Here is a picture of my DSCN2877 (1).JPG1999 518VX switch console. Original owner and no switches or location changed.