Question 1994 Merc XR6 2.5l 150 2.5 has movement/bobble while running in chop. Motor mounts?

SN-OG017020. So I transplanted my old trusty XR6 to a Champion 176 while the transom on my Basscat P2 gets repaired. The Champion has a rock solid transom, Seacast. I can stand on the cavitation plate and it doesn’t have a nanometer of flex. So much to my surprise when I took out the Champ for its maiden voyage on a quite choppy Lake Sam Rayburn, I noticed the motor still has quite a bit of movement. A bobble you might call it. Got it home and noticed I could lift the lower unit up a bit, maybe 3/4 of an inch. It seems to fulcrum at the rear steering cable. Any clues as how I resolve this? I don’t feel like this is normal. Thanks!

2. Member
    Prob a combo of soft rubber mounts and bushings in the vertical tube (steering arm that runs down in the clamp)

3. Member
    yup
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Yep. I figured. What is a good source to get new mounts, should I get solid or rubber?

5. Member
    boat should respond lil better with solid , might vib lil bit though, pro max mts work
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................