The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama

Differences in Trailers

I've read several posts regarding the EX Loader trailer but still don't know the differences/pros-cons between a Ranger and an EZ Loader. Thanks in advance...

The EZ-Loader trailers are made to Ranger design and specs. I replaced my 2014 RT 188 trailer with a 2018 that was one of the first made by EZ-Loader. Ranger redesigned the trailer in 2015 or 2016 so the new one was considerably different from my old 2014 but I don’t contribute this to EZ-Loader.
    There were some small things, (all good) on the EZ-Loader that did not exist on the same year model Ranger.
    1) all the lights are LED.
    2) the wiring harness has the wiring and connector for back-up lights even if they are not ordered as an option. All you have to do is change the oval light and plug it up.
    3) the rear cross member where the transom saver rests is 3 inch channel, the old trailer was 2 inch and very weak. You could bend it just by trimming the motor down against the transom saver.
    4) the winch post is redesigned and made stronger.
    These are all good improvements but I expect they were changes specified by Ranger. I cannot imagine a contractor making design changes, good way to lose a customer.

EDIT:
    There was a Forum post About an RT trailer that was impossible to load that had everyone scratching their head. The OP measured the height from the top of the tongue to the center of the Bow roller and it was 2 inches higher than other Forum members trailers. He called EZ-Loader and they discovered that an RT198 winch post had mistakenly been installed on his RT178 trailer. They quickly shipped him the correct winch post.
    Posting this in case that was not the only trailer shipped with the incorrect winch post.
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 07-01-2020 at 12:13 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    I had EZ-Loader trailers under my Lunds. I personally really liked them. Then Lund went to Shorelander as a real package trailer.

4. Member
    I had an ezloader under my champion and have had two rangers. The ezloader was okay but not as well built at the rangers. No major problems, just squeaky, I would lube it a couple of times per years but the squeaks always came back after a few weeks.

5. Member
    The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama
    Thank you all that have answered.

6. Banned
    Overall my 2019 trailer is the worse loading trailer I've ever owned BUT so is a friends 2017 made by ranger :-)

EZ loader has been very responsive to questions when I called, and very friendly. Not so much with Ranger :-(