Garmin Force Issues

Looks like Garmin has some issues. See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Banned
    I have two issues with this.

1. Why didn't they use a metal bushing? A plastic bushing is asking for trouble.

2. Who is going to strap their motor down every time they make a run? That's a bit ridiculous. And if it IS required then they should be redesigning their latching system so it's not needed. Or supply something that quick to use and of higher quality than the velcro strap that's going to wear out in a year.

3. Member
    I dunno if you read it. But they’re sending an update for the latch system. Second. If you spent that kind of money and knew it was a maybe possibility that it might in the right conditions deploy (Minnkotas do too) why wouldn’t you strap it for the 25 seconds it takes?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacksmb View Post
    I dunno if you read it. But they’re sending an update for the latch system. Second. If you spent that kind of money and knew it was a maybe possibility that it might in the right conditions deploy (Minnkotas do too) why wouldn’t you strap it for the 25 seconds it takes?
    Agreed my Ultrex almost did it a few times so I strap down always.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

5. Banned
    My motorguide w/ gator mount has never even thought about deploying when under power. And I've had my boat airborn in some rough water.

That's a serious design flaw.

6. Member
    Does the motorguide have lift assist? I’ve seen terrova’s, maxxums, fortrex, ultrex, power drives all self deploy for one reason or another. And I can guarantee if I got airborne with my force it wouldn’t deploy either, why? Cause I take the 30 seconds max to strap it.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacksmb View Post
    Does the motorguide have lift assist? I’ve seen terrova’s, maxxums, fortrex, ultrex, power drives all self deploy for one reason or another. And I can guarantee if I got airborne with my force it wouldn’t deploy either, why? Cause I take the 30 seconds max to strap it.
    It does have the shocks to assist. But that has no effect on the latching mechanism that keeps the unit stowed or deployed.

It is still recommended that the safety strap is always used, but yes, the latch kit does prevent the latching mechanism from bouncing out of the stowed position in rough water.
    Garmin Pro Team

I have had the force for a couple of weeks. It doesnet do it alot, but from time to time the spot lock will turn off. I will be sitting on a ledge retieing, stand up to make a cast and be 300 ft down river. I have made sure I have not touched the pedal, and it will do it using the pedal or the remote. Anyone else seen this/ have a solution?