Ghost 2D and DSI adapter for HDS Gen3?

I know all I will get to use for now is the 2D and DSI on my HDS12 Gen3 with this motor but that's all I run currently so i won't know what I am missing for a while.

What adapter do I need from the connector that comes with the Ghost to the back of my HDS G3? If any.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 8theB8; 06-29-2020 at 03:24 PM.

2. Member
    There are 2 that will work, but only 1 that will show the water temp, (according to Lowrance). I can't remember the part # off the top of my head, but if you call Lowrance, they will give you the correct part #. That's what I had to do.

3. Member
    Ah ha! I knew there would be a catch lol TEMP! Gotta have it! I will call them so hopefully I have the adapter and motor at the same time?!

Thanks!

4. Member
    I used the adapter that comes with the ghost to hook directly to my Gen3 12 and I get 2D, DI and temp

5. Member
    That's awesome and good to know, hopefully I get the same adapter lol

I was under the impression it needed a 9 pin to 7 pin adapter but I guess i'll see when it gets here?!

6. Member
    Mbevins what transducer setting did use use on your Lowrance? Got the motor installed with the factory adapter, which transducer do I select in the HDS? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mbevins View Post
    I used the adapter that comes with the ghost to hook directly to my Gen3 12 and I get 2D, DI and temp
    THIS .

8. Member
    Yep, so did I, but where is it to select in the HDS? Does it just work automatically or do you have to go in and select it? Thanks!

9. Member
    Ladies and gentlemen with Lowrance HDS Gen3 units and a Ghost built in HDI transducer....the correct transducer to select in your Gen3 under Sonar Installation is: HDI M/H-9

That is the out of the box 'built in' Ghost transducer. You have to upgrade transducers only if you want the 3 in 1 transducer. The proper Gen3 adapter comes in the Ghost box also!

There...the secret is OUT!
    Last edited by 8theB8; 07-18-2020 at 10:45 PM.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Following

11. Member
    no secret adapter came in my box. They specify in the directions it is not included.

At least mine did last week.

12. Member
    You do need a 9 to 7 pin adapter. The Ghost has a 9 pin connector. You might try connecting it to the Structure port of a Gen 3 but I'm pretty sure on the Gen 3 that port can't do 2D sonar. So that leaves the 7 pin sonar port which will require an adapter.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175