Need some input on set up

Have a 05 Stratos 201 Pro XL with an Etec 250 currently running a Raker 2 prop. Have dual 10' Talons, 3 group 31 batteries and half a tank of gas.Had Mark drill PVS holes in it, currently all three holes have plugs with 1/2" holes in them. Also have a Chris Bailey Foil 4" Hydraulic Plate. Coming out of the hole with livewells full by myself looking at a 6-8 second hole shot. With two people over 10 seconds. Have tried the jackplate in all different heights. If I remove one plug completely it blows out on break over and over revs. WOT I'm at 70-71 gps at 5800rpm. Just wondering if anyone has some input on things to try next. Would rather not have to buy another prop but if that's the only thing that will help the hole shot.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

2. Member
    You can enlarge the holes in each PVS plug one at a time to increase the venting and not take one all the way out even large hole plugs can be enlarged some. You didn't say what prop you have so I'll assume it's a 26" Raker

3. Member
    Yes it is a 26" Raker 2
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

4. Banned
    Had the same issue with my old Charger couldn't find a balance in venting. So I bought a set of solid plugs, used a set of drill bits, and a cordless drill to open them up a little per run till it was right.

5. Member
    That’s a lot of weight to get up on plane but to me you’re going to struggle to get it done much faster with 3 blades and still keep top end. Best option with the raker is to get solid plugs like mentioned and drill them out just a little at a time Like mentioned. I think a good 4 blade would surprise you how much better all around it would run. I switched from a raker II 26” this spring to Mark’s Razor XL and I’d never go back. I was on the fence between the Razor and Fury, one conversation with Mark and the path was clear. Price was very good for the customer service, turn around, and custom touch. Just my opinion. Lost maybe 2 mph on the big end but it’s actually faster and easier to drive with any load in every other way.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets