Okchamp210

Steering Wheel Removal

Trying to install blinker trim to my 99 203, anyone have suggestions on how to remove the wheel?

Also my seat posts will not come out.

Thanks in advance

When I put my mine in my Ranger we had to use a wheel puller and when it popped of I thought for sure something broke but it all worked out well

3. Member
    Some sit in the driver seat with their knees behind the wheel pressing upward and the nut loose but not off the shaft, and strike the end of the shaft with a hammer, with a piece of brass between to keep from buggering the threads. If the nut isn't on, the wheel can come back and smack you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Some sit in the driver seat with their knees behind the wheel pressing upward and the nut loose but not off the shaft, and strike the end of the shaft with a hammer, with a piece of brass between to keep from buggering the threads. If the nut isn't on, the wheel can come back and smack you in the face.
    ive done this method 3 different times, worked well

5. Okchamp210
    Flat head screwdriver or Pry bar to remove the cap?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    This works very well, and with the nut flush with the end of the threads the threads don't get boogered up.

7. Member
    A couple days ago, I installed a TH Marine dual blinker switch. Instead of hitting the wheel with a hammer, I went to the auto parts store and bought a wheel puller for $15. Wheel came off with very little force and no damage.

8. Okchamp210
    How did you get the cap off covering the Nut?

9. Pat Goff
    Get a steering wheel puller off ebay. Trust me it's worth it. I battled pulling the wheel off the scooter for two days with every Fred Sanford idea I'd ever heard.

Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Hammer might be ok for cable steering but I wouldn't beat on a hydraulic helm.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okbass187 View Post
    How did you get the cap off covering the Nut?
    Should be a plastic plug with champion logo? if so a flat screwdriver or sharp putty knife can pry it up to remove.
    2001 ChampioN 206
    Mercury Opti 225