Stratos 21SS Extreme hole shot

Have a Stratos 21 extreme, with a 250 Evinrude DI. I've been running a 26 razor straight since last year and it seemed to do well for me.

In the last few weeks, I'd went from 27 to 31 in my battery. Filled up my gas tank all the way, had full livewells, and the boat was drenched. It took a long time for me to get up on plane. Eventually I got up and took off, but no hole shot at all.

Right now I have the medium-sized PVS plugs on the prop, maybe I should switch it out to the large size?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Larger PVS plugs will help with hole shot up until blow out. I would change or even remove one at a time till you get what u want. You will know if u have to much venting, bc the prop will blow out.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    Larger PVS plugs will help with hole shot up until blow out. I would change or even remove one at a time till you get what u want. You will know if u have to much venting, bc the prop will blow out.
    maybe I should just take out one medium and put in the large at first.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    maybe I should just take out one medium and put in the large at first.
    That's what I would do. One at a time.

5. Member
    Interesting thread. I have a Triton 18 Explorer/115 Optimax 20p Laser 2 prop with the same situation when fully loaded. I have all the plugs solid - looks like I need to adjust that. I thought I was looking at a new prop pitch. New to the Bass boat scene - came over from the pleasure boat world. Great information!

6. Member
    Just ordered a set of large plugs from Mark, hope they're here by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerhunt View Post
    Interesting thread. I have a Triton 18 Explorer/115 Optimax 20p Laser 2 prop with the same situation when fully loaded. I have all the plugs solid - looks like I need to adjust that. I thought I was looking at a new prop pitch. New to the Bass boat scene - came over from the pleasure boat world. Great information!
    Use pitch to get your maximum rpm right near the limiter at WOT, use venting, prop dia, and blade count to get hole shot you are after
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    Roger that - thanks! I just need to find time after this weekend to do some testing with the vent plugs then possibly shop for a 4 blade prop.