Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    I just hit 15 hrs on my new motor yesterday. I have my wedges ready when I take it for my 20 hr service. Hopefully with in the next couple months.

2. Member
    What wedges are you using? TH Marine only lists 5 degree. **EDIT*** Cancel that, I see Bob's has them.
    Last edited by jackdz1; 05-26-2021 at 06:34 AM.

3. Member
    Alright I need some advice. I'm not sure which way to go but I love my boat. I have caymas cx20 pro work the 4 stroke mercury. I'm running a 24 fury right now. It's a terd out of the hole but a rocket after breaking over. It does blow out of I run the jack plate up above 5 getting on plane. I haven't got top speed yet but it's over 73. I'm loaded heavy but just wondering if the wedges will help that much? I'm also trying a 25 tempest plus next week. I can't turn the fury over 5800

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Ayers View Post
    Alright I need some advice. I'm not sure which way to go but I love my boat. I have caymas cx20 pro work the 4 stroke mercury. I'm running a 24 fury right now. It's a terd out of the hole but a rocket after breaking over. It does blow out of I run the jack plate up above 5 getting on plane. I haven't got top speed yet but it's over 73. I'm loaded heavy but just wondering if the wedges will help that much? I'm also trying a 25 tempest plus next week. I can't turn the fury over 5800
    The wedges will make your holeshot worse.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin_Ayers View Post
    If you're loaded that heavy a 23 Fury might operate better on your boat. A 25P tempest will probably be similar RPMs to 24P Fury. 24P Tempest might get you more where you want to be..

You may also be a good candidate for a 4 blade fury if your boat is typically loaded heavy.

I get 6150 RPM at 24P Fury at 76+ GPS. CX20 w/ 250 4 XS.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    The wedges will make your holeshot worse.
    I don't have them installed yet, but this is a true statement. My hole shot seems to be fine just the way it is, and I've even trimmed up little and am satisfied with the hole shot on my boat.

7. Member
    What hole should the motor be mounted to the hydraulic jack plate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12