21SS Extreme livewell

I have a 2000 21 SS extreme. Has anybody upgraded the recirculating pumps?

My fill pumps seem so strong, but my recirculating pumps don't seem to have the same strength.

I put new pumps in last year and flushed out all of the lines, but I'm still not happy with them.

I'm open to any suggestions.

2. Member
    Did you check your plumbing for any kinks. Mine was kinked from the factory. I cut out that portion and installed some plastic elbows to alleviate the restriction.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    Did you check your plumbing for any kinks. Mine was kinked from the factory. I cut out that portion and installed some plastic elbows to alleviate the restriction.
    I didn't see any kinks, it's really hard to access back there though. I was trying to unscrew the fitting on the recirculator so I can change the lines as well. But the lines are hard as rocks

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I didn't see any kinks, it's really hard to access back there though. I was trying to unscrew the fitting on the recirculator so I can change the lines as well. But the lines are hard as rocks
    slice with razor before removing easiest and less collateral damage that way with plastic parts
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    I told them all out today, replaced and old 1100 GPH pump with an 700 GPH pump. For whatever reason the 700 pumped more water than the 1100.

6. Member
    Ended up pulling out the 700 pumps and replacing them with 1000 GPM Johnson pumps. There is absolutely no discernible difference in the amount of water pressure coming through the system. I was going to pull out the valve, but I realize I put them in only 2 years ago so they should still be good. Now I'm wondering if there is some kind of junk in the line that goes from the Live Well to the valve before the pump.