Long transducer cable on ultrex

Just installed my ultrex with MDI and the transducer cable is 3 feet longer than needed. Wondering why they did this, and what everybody did to manage that excess wiring. Trying to keep it clean so I just coiled up the extra and zip tied it for now. I left some slack at the head of the tm and ran it thru my troll jacket.

Thanks

2. Member
    There are way to compensate the length of the cable. It is standard length. Most will route the cable excess under the front panel and route it back out to the unit. If unsure get an electrical buddy to help you out. Not a big deal.

3. Member
    The longer cable may be because the Solix models do not need an adapter cable for connecting to the TM.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    I'm thinking about cutting 2 holes jn my now access panel to run wires in/out of to clean it up and tuck it all away. Just not sure where to look to find the rubber boots/plugs to keep water out.

Quote Originally Posted by bdub_02 View Post
    I'm thinking about cutting 2 holes jn my now access panel to run wires in/out of to clean it up and tuck it all away. Just not sure where to look to find the rubber boots/plugs to keep water out.
    This may work for you. I used one to run a transducer wire Through the splash well. There are 2 brackets in the kit, but you will only need 1 because you can fit 2 rubber grommets in each bracket.
    I bought mine on eBay.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Thanks I also saw a guy with Garmin units and tm had some cable management plugs that came with his rj45 cable he said. Guess they offer a 2 and 5 wire plug. Looked like it would work also but I can't find them listed online.