Water Temperature Wiring Question

Hey Guy's,
    It was suggested I post this question here on the Suzuki forum. I have a 2005 Johnson (J115PL4SO) 4 stroke engine. I purchased a Faria multi-gauge setup with oil pressure and water temperature. My question: Can I splice into the cylinder temp wire on the engine? or should I install a separate temp sensor? I realize the existing sensor wire goes directly to the ECM so that's why I'm asking. Same question for the oil pressure switch. I have posted a couple of pics with plug/port locations. Thanks,

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Personally, I'd probably run separate sensors and wires to be on the safe side so you have a backup sensors in case the other one fails.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Yeah I was considering running separate sensors. Any thoughts on where to install them? I've located these plugs in the photo's, but not sure if they access the crankcase or a water jacket.

4. Member
    I honestly don't know without referring to a shop manual. Another option would be to remove the plug and see what's there and put it back on.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    Yeah I thought the same. remove the plug and see what's behind it.

6. Member
    Well I tried to remove all three plugs identified in the photo. These things are extremely tight. I stripped the head in one of the allen heads. Not sure what to do now. I wonder if they were fastened with some type of thread lock? These could have been a part of the block casting process; never intended to be accessed? don't know. Now what should I do? Anyone?