Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question PP Plastic tank leak???

Single 8' blade......I have a leak and the best i can tell its coming from under the lip of the plastic tank. I operated the PP up/down and didnt see any fluid coming from the two fittings at the pump or a leak in the hose......soooo, does the tank top come off, is there a gasket that could be changed???

I will be putting in a battery tray soon so at that point i will move the pump and can really check it out......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Following , I have the same issue and PP sent me a new cap and ferrule. I thought I had traced the fluid to that point. The area around the fitting and cap are clean so they were leaking but I still had the greenish fluid in the bilge/hull.

I literally just sent the rep I was working with a message. If I run my finger under the plastic enclosure its wet. it's worth it to lose it for a week or two to finally get it right.

3. Member
    Sure it's not the cap and it's making it appear to be coming from were the tank meets the pump? That's what mine were doing a few years back. I replaced the caps and installed new hard line ferrules, it's been dry ever since.

Edit: Also they could be slightly weeping just from the hard lines. Those lines are not supposed to be wrenched on, snug then maybe a 1/4 turn just enough to seat/flare the ferrule. Mine were installed by someone who hits the gym way more than I do. Again I replaced them and installed them correctly, no issues since.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 06-29-2020 at 02:41 PM.

4. Banned
    People at pp told me that if there is a leak in the pump systems, as long as the pump motor is good, they would rebuild the system free of charge. You only pay for shipping.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    People at pp told me that if there is a leak in the pump systems, as long as the pump motor is good, they would rebuild the system free of charge. You only pay for shipping.
    Glad you found the source of the leak. Also that’s Power-Pole #1 in customer service. Great people. . .